Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Finally made a portfolio page

insane polycounter
Offline / Send Message
EricElwell insane polycounter
So I finally decided it was time to get a decent page together to display my work. My blog definitely wasn't gonna hack it for a potential employer.

http://www.thetextureguy.com/Portfolio/

The animation page is a little heavy for non-broadband, but I will accept that for now. Unfortunately, I haven't done any 3d or texture work in a good long time. Should I find more time, it is definitely a personal priority of mine to spend more time in 3d and texture.

I am currently contracting, but seeking full time employment for a few reasons. The first being that my primary machine has been out of commission for over 3 months. (Thank you HP for all the love.) *sigh*
More so than that, I miss the structure and consistency of studio work.

Well, C&C would be much appreciated! Thanks for checking it out!

Replies

• ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Not quite sure what job you'd go for with this portifolio, but I like the work, and the layout is great!
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    EricElwell, nice works, hmm, textureguy? textureguy, show us textures!=)))))
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work. I think you have a good portfolio for a UI artist role. You definitely need some 3d work.

- BoBo
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I definitely agree. I've been starved for 3d and texture work for awhile. I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

As far as the aim of my portfolio. Honestly, I am looking for a local job.. there are not very many game studios in Western NY. Though, I would definitely like to aim higher, I just needed to get *something* out that says "hey, I know how to use a computer and make clean work at a production level." So I definitely hear you on the 3d side. I really need to set asside a good chunk of time for that. Thanks for checking it out!
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    sorry off topic...Lance BAss???wtf..says you worked with him?
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lance Bass is a former Dynamics employee, extremely talented illustrator. No relation to one of those boybands. (I think that's what you're talking about?)
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Great work Eric, your stuff always rocks. You're 3D stuff is sweet too, you have to get back on the ball with that! As far as crits we've already discussed, just thought I'd give the bump and the typical 'great work'!
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Looks good Eric. How is mighty fist coming along? I've been looking forward to that since your first .plan and seeing the banner at the GG site.

- J
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My work on Mighty Fist is done unless GG wants me to do some documentation. I am no longer at GarageGames, so I am not certain, but I believe that if you buy the TGB, Mighty Fist is packaged with it as an example game. Don't hold me to it though! smile.gif
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah I read you had left GG on site but wasnt sure if you were still involved with Mighty Fist at all. It lookes like a blast hope they get it out with the next version. It's not in v1.1.

I've had TGB since way back in the EA. Josh W. posted somewhere that the next version would come with a stock platformer maybe it will be in that release.

- Jesse