Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blizzard Contest.. yet again :)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
staticcurve polycounter lvl 10
hey all, I was just going to post this in the blizzard thead but I also wanted to say hi cause its my first post here. Been lurking for a long time.. Anyways, heres what I have so far, and I suck at handpainting textures so it should be fun

0010.jpg

0012.jpg

CenWire.jpg

Replies

• animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    what the hell!
    all of a sudden these lurkers come out with this badass art!

great stuff man, that's insane
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Your straps are inverted but other than that it looks sweet.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah looks like the whole lower part there could be inverted, or just try flipping the green channel cause it looks liek that stuff is painted detail, i usually need to flip the green channel for my stuff i paint like that.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    yeah this really pisses me off, you guys need to start showing us stuff right away so we can watch you become awesome, not just show up awesome. your at home practicing all the time and you just leave us in the dark untill one day your amazing, screw that crap. just kidding man, this is great, yeah i would invert the green channel on the straps, and maybe think of actually cutting them out and extruding them a tad, but i understand if you want to save on the p-count.. looks great. you guys are really comming to the plate on this contest..
  • staticcurve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha, thanks guys.. I used to post on here but my account got deleted.. if ya wanna see my old.. REALLY SHITTY work then look up the screename kmanning.. anyways, YOU ARE RIGHT!!! thanks for pointing out the inverted normals on the bottom half of her.. ill fix it right away. Take care guys, and thanks for the comments
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    you post on cgchat too right? i remember you did something 3-4 months ago that was pretty cool on the finished 3d works section. dont remember what it was, but i remember that it was pretty sweet. great work though man.
    awesome stuff
  • staticcurve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I used to post on cgchat all the time, but it seems that all my friends post here, so I figured it was a good change
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Normals look inverted on shoudler pads too btw, anywhere you used that filter they are going to be. Just incase you didnt notice =D
  • staticcurve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks earthquake, I realised it after the first comment. Fixing it now
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    The horse-half [deer?] looks too long in comparison to the legs, and the whole thing looks a little small compared to the human torso.

I think the armor could use some additions to really make it look like it was made for a centaur, instead of just a human torso plopped on an ungulate with straps.

So to sum up; awesome work, but push it farther.
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    this is looking nice but I see a few things I think you could improve.

- In general the anatomy of the horse part of the character seems guessed-at. For all I know you lined this up on an isometric horse diagram, but the anatomy just isnt' clicking visually. I think the curves and bone structure of the legs, particularly the rear legs, need to be a lot more exaggerated.
    - The costumery on the human part is pretty super, but what's with the Punisher skull on the abdomen? that seems hokey and out of character.
    - lastly, the upper arms are impossibly thin. They're like little pork tenderloins.

Overall, good stuff. I hope you have plans to texture this!
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome to the blizzard art Party! Very sweet creature concept!
  • struve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    struve polycounter lvl 18
    The horse body could use some more muscle definition. Looks too flat right now, and what is the stuff sticking out the back? The human part and the overall concept kicks ass. Great Job! I hope the textures turn out as good as the model.
  • staticcurve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs:
    - I have some polys to throw around and will be adding some "gear" to the Horse section. As for the scale.. ill play around with it a bit and try and work out a better balance. thanks for the crits man, the more the marrier!

Noritsune:
    -Thanks for the comments man, I will play around with the horse section a bit more, I guess im just missing something from my ref
    - The punisher skull is part of a clothing design I pulled from the wow viewer, ill post it up when I get home from work today, and ill pump up the arms a bit. Thanks again

Struve:
    - Im kinda worried about really pulling out the muscle definition cause some of it will get lost in the hair texture, but ill give it a shot. Thanks for the crit, and yes I will be texturing this one