Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First pimp in a looong time .. (lots of pics)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
rolfness polycounter lvl 18
Ok I been away for ages, and I dont do 3D nor any sort of digital stuff anymore, Ive gone completely luddite with oils and acrylics. And I never really put my stuff up here because its not really a "painting with a REAL brush" type of place. heh..

47378800.jpg
Ochiba 40x30 inches acrylic on canvas.
2626748439.jpg
ochiba2 1.25m x1.0m acrylic on canvas
3601343688.jpg
2 halfs Oil on canvas total diptych size 2.2m x 0.7m I actually really like these personally .. done when I was goin through some mad shit..
668571521.jpg
bleh 45cmx60cm Oil on Canvas I actually hate this one so much you have no idea..
2976711959.jpg
selfportrait 001 1.15m x 0.75m Oil and Oil pastel on canvas.
229204488.jpg
selfpprtrait 002 oil on watercolour paper A0 size
3134944490.jpg
2 cranes 45x20 acrylic, gold leaf on canvas (unstreched) Trying some new things out
3167182232.jpg
eva A1 Oil On Watercolour paper This was just practice while another thing I was working on was drying..

Some older shit not sure if I posted it up before... tongue.gif

3425792535.jpg
Slipper orchids diptych 2.25m x 1m acrylic on canvas
3528674417.jpg
Restaurant commission 2m x 1m Acrylic on canvas
4145660736.jpg
Detail

Hope you like it smile.gif

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    wow real art! with paint n stuff!
    the last one is my favourite, love the reds smile.gif
    would it be lowering the tone to suggest 2 cranes would make a cool scrolling shooter tongue.gif

edit: heh neo I'm not being sarcastic its cool tongue.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Nonsense! Fine art has just as much a place here than digital.

The Ochiba pieces probably have some sale value actually, while it's not my thing really, I know enough people who would buy somthing like that. Because that's the sort of painting people can decorate around. (because when it comes down to it, the average person is buying a painting not entirely because of the imagery, but rather because it looks good with their living room couch)

I like the eva 01, it has a nice look to it.

I would really like the slipper orchids painting, but the line down the middle is just so distracting. It looks less like a diptych, and more like you just couldn't get a larger surface to painting on so you put 2 together.

The self-portrait is probably the weakest looking piece in all of this. It doesn't look right about it. I think it's the mouth, it just looks so out of place. and far too flat. It also looks like your one shoulder is being rotated at an awkward angle.

Over looks good.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nonsense! Fine art has just as much a place here than digital.

The Ochiba pieces probably have some sale value actually, while it's not my thing really, I know enough people who would buy somthing like that. Because that's the sort of painting people can decorate around. (because when it comes down to it, the average person is buying a painting not entirely because of the imagery, but rather because it looks good with their living room couch)

I like the eva 01, it has a nice look to it.

I would really like the slipper orchids painting, but the line down the middle is just so distracting. It looks less like a diptych, and more like you just couldn't get a larger surface to painting on so you put 2 together.

The self-portrait is probably the weakest looking piece in all of this. It doesn't look right about it. I think it's the mouth, it just looks so out of place. and far too flat. It also looks like your one shoulder is being rotated at an awkward angle.

Over looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The left hand side of the slipper orchids was kinda done as an after thought.. it looked off balance so i painted the second half

yeah the self portrait looks a bit iffy, but I was drunk outta my mind at the time.. and because I was drunk I thought I was bulletproof and didnt need a ref picture or a mirror.. LOL in fact most of my work is done at varying levels of shitfacedness. It seems more fun that way heheh

Thanks man smile.gif

cheers rooster !
  • verybad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    They look great. I'd buy 'em if I had money. It reminds you of how much detail there is in a REAL painting, the material and imperfections in drying or varying thicknesses of paint just clobber CG painting. I like Orchiba and Slipper Orchids the most. Eva is good, but hot chicks with cleavage are always good.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cheers verybad

About a year and a half ago I decided to do a tradtional painting and I loved it, and never turned back, initially I played alot with textures because it was the thing digital couldnt do. and the process is so much more tactile than just using a mouse or a wacom. It takes much longer mind you, wait for layers of paint to dry and such but Ive gotten used to that and find ways of entertaining myself (whisky port and beer !) heheheheh.
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    very awesome rolf, my favorite are the orchids. you could easily sell that type of art for a couple of grand. cheers smile.gif
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    laugh.gif thanks steady smile.gif, I get the odd commission now and again, and while it cant support me financially, it does pay for the majority of the costs, which can get expensive smile.gif