Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT2K4: Priss from Bubblegum Crisis

KonamiCode
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KonamiCode polycounter lvl 18
So I've long tried to make a model of Priss' hardsuit from the Original BubbleGum Crisis anime. I've always started and stopped and finally decided to finish one this summer, since I finally knuckled down and decided to learn how to get stuff into Unreal. I know someone had made one before, can't remember if it was for UT or Quake, but I wanted to do one of my own and just worked off reference from the RPG sourcebook.

Right now she weighs in just shy of 3K tris, which was my self-imposed limit. At this point I'm going to fit her into the standard UT2K4 skeleton and see how well it works. The texture is just for rough color thrown on to make it a bit recognizable; I'm saving the texture work until after I get the skeleton/rigging stuff worked out and she's in the game.

I'm pretty happy with it right now; there are some things I think I will revise and tweak and I am planning on outfitting it with a custom skeleton, so I can equip and animate her with the built-in weapons from the right glove of the suit (a needle gun and palm cannon). I also am considering making part of the helmet come up and have her actual face underneath, but all it would be for would maybe be a taunt or something. So it might be a waste of polys.

Comments, feedback, criticisms would be much appreciated.

priss_1_thumb.jpgpriss_mesh_thumb.jpgpriss_color_1_thumb.jpgpriss_color_2_thumb.jpg

Replies