Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

arrrrr! Pirate-ish props

MAUL0r
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
Now that i've graduated, I've been tryin to take some time to refine my process and make some non-rushed work. I made these 2 models over the last week off and on. The ship will probably get some more attention... C&C always welcome smile.gif
ship_pin2.jpg
cannon_pin2.jpg

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    the ship looks a bit odd in the front, but not much. good texturing.

i LOVE that cannon.
  • Toomas
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Pirates can only say yarr, fact!

And you should divide the planks, lenght-wise.
  • Cubik
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    I would check Horrible Deaths Age of Empire 3 stuff to see how you can optimize and impore the looks of that ship texture.

I would say that you need more painted parts, more color variation (dirt and so) and much more attention spent on the unwarp. You really need to remove all the dead space. For example, those small, retangular (what seems to be the masts) looks almost indentical. Just pile them on each other and you will save tons of space.

The cannon is really cute smile.gif. I would remove a lot of polys from the round ball in the back and slap some of them on the wheels, both to make them a bit rounder and to add some more to the profile by modeling both indents and extrudes.
  • noritsune
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    I agree with Cubik about the cannon - the sides and wheel profile seem too lo-res for 2k-poly model. I would add that the textures on the cannon seem too clean. I understand if maybe you are going for a cleaner, more cartoonish aesthetic, but if so then you still need a lot more color variation and saturation.

likewise with the ship, as Cubik said.