Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Self Model

dkorch
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
dkorch polycounter lvl 17
hey all, im doin a self portrait type thing...gonna add some folds here and make it asymetrical soon, just wanted to get some crits on how you all think it is coming.

its about 2k poly atm, most of it in the head.
anyways, thanks all.

shadeday8.jpg

wiregw5.jpg

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Those shoulders will collapse - it looks like your ran all th edges into a point at the armpit.

Also, unless you are running cloth sim, I'm consider altering the length of those shorts. The reason is that right on the knee they go from very wide to very narrow, so when the knee bends you will get nasty intersection - unless you skin the balk of the shorts to the calf, in which case when the knee starts to bend, the back of the sorts will lift. This is a FACT. FACT.

You need to build in a wrist for twisting, and more loops in the upper arm to aid the shoulders.

Also the lack of geo around the arse will probably cause it to collapse.

Of course, any place you add this extra geo for deformation, you will then use it to shape the model - if a vert is there, make it work.

/out.
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks rick, workin that stuff out right now...definatly some good points...

haha and whats FACT. FACT. mean lol?
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    got some time to work on it, gonna start unwraping now, and add some assymetry after that.

would love to here your thoughts all.

yarrrrrrnm0.jpg

thanks again everyone!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    crotch seems a tad low... looks good to me other then that..
  • Kyraal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyraal polycounter lvl 17
    Unless the shirt is meant to be tight -- which it doesn't look like it is -- I probably wouldn't define the pecs like that. Instead let the shirt hang more loose in front, and do the mesh at the chest something like this (edit: I'm not a god low poly modeller, btw, so someone feel free to correct my paintover):

dkorch_sp_paintover.jpg

Otherwise I think it looks really good. Lots of potential smile.gif

Dekard, hehe for those kind of pants, the crotch is just right. I mean, I agree, -I- wouldn't wear pants like those and I've even seen ones with the crotch down by the knees; but different people, different taste smile.gif
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey thanks for the crits, Ill definatly consider them. I think I will raise the crotch a bit, and also tighten the bottom of the shirt to give it a tighter feel. thanks again all.

anyone else?