Home General Discussion

Warpath shipped today

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
vahl polycounter lvl 18
Warpath shipped today in North America, that was my first game full time here at DE ( I also worked on pariah but as a contractor, and only on a few, very small, objects), and I had a blast working on it.

the game is for xbox and PC and is around 20/30$

I did two of the three species (the last one and boss were done by manny), pickups, vehicle reskins, and a few other things.
I may post some stuff in P&P if it's ok with the publisher.

The demo can be found here (the retail game is more polished gameplay-wise, though)

Thanks again to all the DE toronto team, especially Manny and Chico.

Screens

warpathg120.jpg
warpathg28.jpg
warpathg79.jpg

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looks nice man, I played the demo and had fun, though I wasn't sure if I was playing with bots or real people. Congrats on the title! Go Go France!

poop.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    looks like the unreal engine. I played the demo for a bit. Congrats on the release. Does the editor ship with the final game?
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    It looks cool. I may have to check it out! Congrats on your guys' first shipped title!
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats vahl - looking forward to playing the demo!
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    w00t!!

Congrats on the release dude, gonna be getting my hands on it within the next few days laugh.gif
  • pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    So does this fit into the Pariah storyline? Pariah was fun, I'm sure this will be too.

Do I get to drive this laugh.gif
    city_cannon.jpg
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    thanks guys smile.gif I was really happy to receive my xbox copies today smile.gifcan't wait for the PC ones ( my xbox is french, so no ntsc games fo me:()

lee3dee : yep this is the unreal engine 2, the same as pariah, and yes, the game ships with the editor for the PC, and will also allow mods.

pyromania : well, it was meant to be pariah 2 but then we decided to make a multiplayer only game, though there's a nice little SP ladder where you can unlock weapons and stuff, based on a board game.
    you unfortunately won't be able to ride that fella
    though, the game allows mods and there's a basic code for flying vehicles sleeping somewhere (not working with bots so we trashed it) so I hope some cool mod teams will make those vehicles playable smile.gif.

I also highly suggest it on PC rather than xbox, the game will be way nicer, but play way better ( actually not that much, just a few little things that make the game faster because of the PC support).

and an european release is definitely planned.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome stuff, congradulations man. I'll have to check it out. laugh.gif