Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game Character

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
Hi all,

First post on polycount. My regular residence is elysiun, but my first attempt at low poly game modelling has taken me here.

***edit***
I am looking for crits on "Frank" currently at 1334 triangles.
***image removed***

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good I like the "character" he already has and he is only half a person =) Nice to see someone not putting all thier character models in a ridged spine pose. It adds a lot to the model if you can model a wee bit of posture like you did. NICE!

I'm not so sure you need the polys around the eyes you could just paint them on. But you could be saving those poly for future work on the face to make it more detailed?
  • Tamarin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, I think I've got it finished. The total number of triangles is 1296.

Something still bothering me about the legs so maybe one of you human anatomy people can help me out. This character is supposed to be anime style but I have no idea what that is.

***image removed***
  • Tamarin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, started UV and then realized I wasn't happy with the model so back to modelling again.
    ***image removed***
  • Tamarin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally started texturing.

The total number of triangles came to 1278.

Yes, Iwas using Global illumination, I thought it looked better. Here the model is lit with three lights instead.

***image removed***
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    it looks like you're rendering your model with global illumination, it's making your model look very dry and it would probably help to simply light it with some lights or have it self illuminated to an extent.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    don't render game model. Simply grab viewport.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Put material to Shadeless and turn OSA off, it'll help you work on the texture and doing crispy renders without having lightning and blur disturb you :X
  • Tamarin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your help with rendering. I found that Blender has a screen grab so I no longer need to render. It also displays the texture in real time which is handy for tweaking the texture.

Currently at 1278 triangles with a 512x512 texture
    frank32.jpg