Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Website WIP

Benjie
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Benjie polycounter lvl 17
It aint quite fniished yet (still playing with colour tones, and adding images) but it would be great if i could get some feedback from others.

Thanks

Portfolio Website

Replies

• noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    Make your resume readable in html, and move at least some work up to the top of your landing page (so that we dont need to scroll down to see it).

good start!
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Not bad for start, but I'd suggest some more formatting. For example, the way you fit the text in the rounded corner boxes is a bit awkward, you should put some padding and not have text touch the sides. Also on those corners you have some bright pixels you should get rid of. You could also change default Times New Roman font - maybe it's just me, but when I see that font I keep thinking that web designer forgot to add styling to the text. I took a quick look at your source, and the code is quite long, and you have a whole lot of unused table cells. You could make the stylesheet external and apply it to the rest of the pages, instead of defining the style over and over again on each page. Another thing I'm not very fond of is having all the links open a pop-up window, but I guess that too comes down to personal preference.

As for the content, I believe you could have done a better job with lighting in your Medieval City reel. Mainly what's a bit bothersome is that you show cathedral in a very low light and the details kind of melt away with shadows. At the end of the shot where you show wireframe, I think you shouldn't move the camera through that arched hallway/tunnel, because there's nothing really there to see. If it was lit and textured, it would be a different story.

But overall, I like where you are heading, and the color scheme is nice.
  • Benjie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright thanks for the C&C I have recieved so far. I have fixed the follow: (just have not uploaded it yet)

- Resume is now PDF.
    - Padding around text boxes
    - Bright pixels are gone
    - (it is Geogia font) lol - How many dif. fonts would you use on a webpage?

To Do:
    - I will work some photos of my work into the top area somehow
    - I am not the greatest with html code but I will give it a whirl and see what I can rip out to clean it up.
    - And the pop-up issue, you are not the first to have that preference. It is something I will think about.

Thanks.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

- Resume is now PDF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make it readable in HTML (add a link to the pdf version rather than having it forced on the reader)

[ QUOTE ]

- (it is Geogia font) lol - How many dif. fonts would you use on a webpage?

[/ QUOTE ]

• Benjie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey this a question for everyone but I will use Motives portfolio site for an example (www.johanlundmark.com)

How do you make it so whenever you click on a thumbnail image it will load that image in the already opened image browser window?

hope that makes sense (lol)
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    Well i used a javascript that calls the window

[ QUOTE ]
    <a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('gallery/scifi2.html','Gallery','width=800,height=696')">

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really know anything about htlm though. I just hacked it in dreamweaver so there is probably better ways smile.gif
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    im not fond of pop-up windows either, especially the kind that you cant middle-click to open in a new tab mad.gif, like the ones youve got on your site Benjie

edit: <a href="javascript:;" can be just as annoying since they just open up a new tab with "javascript:;" in them. why not just open up a new _blank page if you must have it pop up