Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demo reel what do you think.

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
I worked on getting a demo reel together. I'm kind of happy with it. I updated some of the work found on my site and added a M1 tank I made awhile back after fixing the texture. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Alex

curtiss.jpg

ww1trck.jpg

cutetnk.jpg

m1a.jpg

gl.jpg

http://apsentertainment.com/reel/aperezReel.mpeg

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    nice work esp on the cute tank and the gun texture.

would be nice to have a bit more variety.

couple oif crits on the reel, bit stoppy starty with the rotations, and id kill the music, personnally its a bit much (+ adds download time), you could add more time with no sound for same download time
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    looks great! I wouldn't mind seeing some other subject matter.

- BoBo
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    nice reel, Sage. the only thing that bothered me was that terminator music.

why not put the "greek trireme" and the "la nina" from your website in there?
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    is that La Nina as in Stainless Steel?
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks for the replies. I'll probably get rid of the sound. Yeah the Greek trireme, la nina and the WW1 truck are from Stainless Steel Art test. The only one that retains the specs from the tests though is La Nina. The original test for that model required me to use two 256 x 256 textures for it and the polycount (tris) had to be 350 or less. The greek tireme were 2 256x256 at 300 tri and the WW1 was 1 512x512 at 800 tris. I usually like lower polycounts and texturing with one texture since at times I find it harder. I'll probably add La Nina and the greek tireme once I update the textures. I made the curtiss and M1 to try and impress a few years back. The original curtiss wasn't good enough so I remade it later.

Alex
  • MatOaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MatOaf polycounter lvl 17
    Hmm yes I would agree with the others about the music, also it might be a good idea to vary the content of your work maybe put in a few organic model pieces that you have created. That would demonstrate that you not only have a good grasp over mechanical objects but also organic one's as well.

The only thing though I might note is that maybe you should show concept sketches of your work particuarly the models that are in the showreel that would show your potential employer your work process how you can take a 2D concept and generate that into fully modelled characters. It would also help as well as it would be demomstrating your traditional drawing and art skills.

So for example the cute tank maybe show a few 2D concept sketches of the model that you may have created, then show the wireframe and then finally the finished piece. Your then directly showing your employer how you took a 2D drawn concept and created it into a 3D model.