Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

hey all, new here, heres some stuff.

dkorch
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
dkorch polycounter lvl 17
decided to finally post here. heres some stuff from a ut project im working on right now. crits and comments always more then welcome.

23xk.jpg

16sh1.jpg

38aj.jpg

Replies

• MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    good to see baldy finally has some hair! I was so used to seein her untextured. Her armor/clothes seem a bit dark, but I suppose that could be the white background creating alot of contrast. I can't wait to see more work on this thing! Last I saw the level was coming along nicely.
  • michalczyk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michalczyk polycounter lvl 17
    Looks good overall. I'd like to see her walk from behind smile.gif Perhaps it's the angle, but her face looks more male rather than female.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    good stuff although I think you could give your textures some more loving, they feel too much of a flat color by sections
  • Gurahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gurahl polycounter lvl 17
    Wow, nice models, working more detail into the textures really could push them to the next level, though the helmet bothers me a little, it looks like she'd bash her head on the inside of it pretty easily, perhaps make it a little bigger or alter the shape? they look like they're rigged, you tied putting them into anything yet?
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, thanks for the comments and crits. im glad to hear them about the textures...one of those things that ive just been staring at so long that im not sure what else to do haha...yea I think I will go back in and push the values on the pieces...maybe Ill just bake the lights in...the punk space girl im waiting for some designs for some stickers then gonna get those together for her...same with the cyclop...

but yea, sweet thanks all. anyone have anything else, im putting these together in my folio so all rip it apart.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    my question is... who is this? I am familiar with this project from school but I'm assuming you're that one punk who sat next to me in Van Dall's class :P
  • dkorch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ha, well the real question is who are you...my screen name is obvious heh, its Darcy.

anyhow, added some more details to both, and baked in some lighting on the girl...

would love some crits, thanks all

115km.jpg

cyclopto5ds.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Girl looks a lot better. smile.gif

The alien still looks pretty dodge/burnish, and he's still lacking detail on his lower face.