Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Flux girl

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nkoste polycounter lvl 18
I've embarked on a new character project with substantial more polies and diffuse textures only. I still need to do some equipment and a weapon and then hopefully she'll be a new addition to "sexy rear" player characters.

Crits are welcomed smile.gif

*Gone, look lower for pics*

Replies

• Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    great edge flow on the face. Ankles seem kinda strange to me though, maybe a little wide. Her calves dont seem too defined either. Everything else looks really cool so far though. Nice work!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    baby got back! hehe
    her thighs are too short. her arms are way too skinny for her body mass. and you need to give a bit more love to those feet and ankles. they look underdefined.

might want to give a little more shape to her butt, looks a bit big round bubble rather than 'sexy rear'.pull in some verts on the side for a bit of dimple, move some edges to add a bit sharper transistion from thigh to butt. use those edges in the butt to give some flow and curvature. you can give her wide hips and still have a sexy butt. remmber it's not just round, it's a nice looking muscle attached to some nice hips wink.gif

everything else looks pretty good though.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like Aeon Flux after having 3 kids.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    wow what a massive arse!
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    nkoste, what's she gonna do with all that junk, all that junk up in that trunk? It has a very good flow, though the secondary animation of the buttocks might be a bit tedious for some poor animator.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The clothes look like you made a basemesh and simply extruded them, are they really meant to be that skin-tight?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    wow what a massive arse!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, sometimes there aint no better way to say something than the hawken way.

She really does indeed have a massive arse. I don't think it looks sexy in that J-Lo bubble butt curvaceous way. It simply looks 'big' in that aversion to salad way. Perhaps try pushing the curves more. A smaller waist perhaps. Overall she feels dumpy and pear shaped. Check the knee height too. They look crazy high. The lower leg is NEVER longer then the upper. Good, solid mesh topology and flow though.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    geeesus you wouldnt want to be that thong when she was running
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Looks like Aeon Flux after having 3 kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA! Great comments thanks a lot. She does have a massive arse and I like it. Dumpy and a pear rear pretty much defines my aim, thanks. However I don't see the lower legs being longer?
    She's old, a few pregnancies, even better, although I'm a sucker for Theron I want an older flux. Short and with a bit of flap here and there.

@snemmy: You got some points there. I'll try and tone her butt a bit.

@kdr_11k: some of the clothes is built of the base mesh and meant to be skintight.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    man i like the original toon flux, with her werid proportions.

i see the knee prob i think its to do with the way here boots finish above the knee, try giving the knee cap more beef

she needs just a little bit more belly aswell IMO
  • XepptizZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XepptizZ polycounter lvl 17
    The thighs seem out to be to thick, or the rest to thin.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty please, could you give her her proper haircut instead of the rubbish they arbitrarely gave her in the movie?
    aeon_flux.jpg
    the old costume style might be nice too
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    make her fatter!
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    lol CHUBBY
    U love it. CHUB!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    two words, use the push modifer.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    That's 4 words...
    yeah, she looks a bit chunky in trunk. Not like the series or show. Still, fantastic meshflow. laugh.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    You can only continue if you animate her doing the acrobatic moves with extra butt jigglage. I would fatten her chin line a bit. And for the texture stretch marks and maybe a little cottage cheese skin on the butt.

I'm not making fun I would just like to see some more realistic skin for a chunkier woman such as this who was previously very slender. Great work so far!
  • DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet! It's lovely to see a model done with a bit more... fluffiness wink.gif I think her breasts should be larger and saggier... if shes had kids then that would fit a little better imo. Also, I'm pretty sure if she has that much booty her cheeks would be more squished together and the thong would only be seen peeking out at the top and bottom, not all the way as you have it... unless she plans on... well... I'm sure you get the picture anyways tongue.gif Good work and gogogo with ebagg's comments laugh.gif

-DK =^..^=
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    nothin wrong with a thick arse. looks good.
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I took her in a new direction that I'm happier with. I'm almost done unwrapping and trying to work out a different hair style too. What you see is not it! When I'm done I'll take her into maya and give her a rig. I've never used maya so if anyone knows some tutorials or a good place to start on rigging a character please let me know, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    @deathkitten & ebagg: good suggestions. I decided to give her pants, cause the butt jigglage threw me off. I need some plain, simple animations and cheeks rubbing against each other ain't it wink.gif

newdirection.jpg
  • fogmann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fogmann polycounter lvl 17
    Hey it's looking better. I can't wait to see what will you do with the hair though.

The best resource for rigging the characters in Maya I find to be the Art of Rigging book, and you'll probably only need volume 1, unless you want to become character TD. In this first volume, there is a chapter dedicated to muscle and fatty jiggle deformations, using only blend shapes and bones, so this is what you'll really need. Although I think they don't go in much depth with weighting the skin, there is a couple of places where it's shown briefly how to weight - the weighting is in depth explained in volume 2 in the appendix, I believe. But painting weights in Maya is pretty straight forward and feel free to ask me if you get stuck with it.
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks fogmann, will do.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i think she's looking pretty good, but i suggest just taking it in a new direction entirely and changing the topic. i think from the title it's clear you're not really that much of a fan of Miss
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    Cool! maybe use push modifier on just tits polygons?
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks gauss. Just saw the movie today and I really liked it, before that I didn't know much about her at all. Concepting isn't my strong point so I picked her as a starting point, but I never wanted to do a copy. She's not going to be
  • Fishypants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fishypants polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, altough im not a big fan of a Fat Flux, i think that you have done a good job making her your own. Maybe a little more work on the feet / ankles, and that should help.

I think everyone's comments in this post are probably the best i have ever read in any forum. Im still laughing at some of them.

No seriously though, nice work. Polish her up a little more and she'll be there.
  • prototyp3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    prototyp3 polycounter lvl 17
    It's times like these I wish I was licensed to operate heavy machinery.. I guess I don't get to ride her, gotta leave that to the professionals.
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, It's the first time I'm doing polystrip hair, but I think I can make something of it. It's a base mesh with some extra strips to create volume and it's going to be sort of a slick hairstyle.

Btw I get suggestions to use the push modifier. Just want to let you know it's done in wings3d.

hair1.jpg
  • nkoste
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Might as well throw in some wires of the finished model.

done.jpg