Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Oh ya, and non game art related:

Oldman_render.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Brilliant. I especially like the Loganess, can we see some wires/flats, what's the polycount?
    My only crit so far is that it looks like she's got a frog's eyes.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    great stuff, but I think the jeans could use a little more wear and tear. some faded spots and some not-quite-slashed through would make the cuts stand out a little less.

over-all a great execution though
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Great looking stuff. smile.gif I deffinatly agree with what was said about Loganess though, her eyes are huge, which throws her whole face outa whack. Also, the purple guy's teeth become a bit much of a focal point I think. (Unless that's what youw ere goin for). They're just a bit too while, and solid white.

Great stuff though. I love the last guy you posted, he's just got so much character. laugh.gif

And thanks for posting all this stuff. laugh.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Tulkamir, its part of the character

nn020706.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Oh dur, you crazy canuck! I lurve it. Really nice job. I already gave you my crits on Miss Schnikt.

Great dump.

poop.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Well then, thanks Sectaurs, nevermind that comment. laugh.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I don't mean to sound overly critical but what is going on under her tits???!?! does she have a roll of fat directly under her boobies? Looks odd, I think you could make her look 10 times more sexy by removing those over zelous fabric folds
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    All of it is pretty quality. I've really got to give props for that Maxx model. That made my night.

Question though. There seems to be some odd rendering highlights going on with Loganess's hair in places. Does anyone else see what I'm talking about? It's like the alpha is trying to highlight bits that arent there or something...
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    Jaco: heya, my site has a bunch of other shots of her, wires, pcounts, etc... Thanks for the comments!

sectaurs: Will add more fading and stains to the jeans. Gotta also come up with a better angle for her.

tulkamir: ya, his teeth also change shapes all over the place in the comics. I really don't know what they're made of but they're definetly a focal point of the character. Wait till you see the isz (bad guys peons) teeth, now theres a case of focal point.

poopshute: you make me happy in my pants.

hawken: im not to sure how the underside of the breast came to looks like that, i plan on shrinking the overall size of the chest, i don't like em big on her. Thants for the crits.

steakhouse: The hair has a faux fresnel going on driven by the transparency, it could be overlapping the tranparent bits quite easily. Im glad you liked the maxx. smile.gif

This is what i did today just for kicks:

mini-juggernaut.jpg
  • HandSandwich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome Juggernaut. Great character.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Dur, you crazy mofo. Awesome looking stuff man, love the rips in the chick's jeans. Nice Juggy as well..Don't stop rockin!

Gav
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ah dude, you beat me to it. I was just currently starting a 3d model of The Maxx for the fun of it.....oh well Guess im going to have to do SCUDD instead of Maxx now ooo.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    My mask isn't evil, it's a clever disguise.
    I chose it to hide fromthe pryingest eyes.
    So I could do good, and my fish is not dead,
    My fish is alive, this is NOT in my head!

I'd be inclined to push the shading further on Maxx to make those forms really pop as they do on the 2d character.
  • SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    That non game art figure looks great, I really have to learn how to shade/texture like that sometime. That, and rig faces properly.

The Dragon also kicks ass.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! I've been trying to see these for several days now but none of the images show up for me. frown.gif
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    ahotsandwich: thanks!

gav: whoa just realised i havn't heard or seen anything from you in ages! damn boyeee hows it going?

seforin: That is absolutely no reason to no be making a maxx for yourself....seriously this is the first time i've actually finished a maxx model. Started about 5 or six now.

Jackablade: Noted and when i finally finish the scene i want to put him, those shadows will pushed much further.

skullbox: Shading for high poly work has gotten so much more user friendly over the years. With your keen eye im sure you could come up with some seriously nice work. Rigging faces is never easy though. Eyelids over the cornea always make me batty. wink.gif

bobo: You sir have thoroughly confused me. I have no idea why none of the images would show up whatsoever. The internet should really just fix itself already, in my opinion. www.20threed.com/art The top 4 rows is basically what is posted in this thread.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Eh, Its nothing like that, I hate being a 2nd wind type guy.

Im making scudd right now anyway. I figured it was either going to be MAXX or Scudd so you just gave me a more fun guy to model is all =p

1147144909659.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Jackablade: Noted and when i finally finish the scene i want to put him, those shadows will pushed much further.

[/ QUOTE ]Well if you're in need of reference, I just discovered that the entire series, all 13 episodes, have been uploaded to Youtube. I <3 Youtube.

I think the hands and feet on your model might be a tad too small.