Home Contests & Challenges Archives

#24 - Demon - Masterofthefork

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
Ok, this is my first comp over here at polycount. I'm gonna see if I can do this one quickly because I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I did a reference sheet for this model, it's my first time using one and I have to say, I like it. A character sheet helps make the modeling process flow alot better.

Ok so the model is at 980 tris, which leaves me with 20 triangles to make 2 hands...I'm gonna need to optimise. I might be able to pull some polies out of the hair but i'm not sure where else i can, any suggestions?

BlightRazer_wip01.jpg

comments and critiques are welcomed smile.gif

Ps. I modelled him up straight, but when rigged he'll be mostly slunched over almost on all fours.

Replies

• retleks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    You could probably x the edges just below the arm pit, can't tell from this angle but they don't seem to be serving the sillouette. Maybe post more views? I like the idea so far though.
  • MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    Ok so I think the mesh is finished. I got it down to exactly 1024 triangles! I Xed under the arm pits and a few other places. I made each finger tranglular which made the hand shaped a little weird from the inside, but the out side of the hand looks fine and thats what will be seen most.

Heres some orthos:

BlightRazer_wip02.jpg