Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

croom test

yeluis
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
yeluis polycounter lvl 17
well ive been holding this one from showing too much for a little while. did this test begining of march. 13611 polys, 23 256*256 textures 35 hours of work. hope to get some feedback for future projects guys. let me know what you think.

croom1.jpg
croom2.jpg
croom3.jpg
croom4.jpg
croom5.jpg
croom6.jpg

Replies

• Xeto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xeto polycounter lvl 17
    Looking good. Could you throw up some texture sheets? I'm interested in seeing them, and maybe post some wires?
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you can see the respective wires for each shot on my site but heres 2 and the texture sheet sample

text_sample.jpg

wire%20Luis%20Yepez%20croom-1.jpg
    wire%20Luis%20Yepez%20croom-2.jpg
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like some Geist!

Nice job. I think the lighting could use some work to assist the mood. Everything is really well lit and bland looking (the metal is blending into the stone wall). From the meshes it doesn't look like the most well lit room. Try to break up the room with the light and shadows putting important things (where the player should go) in the light (or accented in another way). And with a darker room, you can add some atmosphere with that cool blue light!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeluis, great work as usual smile.gif I love some of those shots.

I'd still love to have your help with the game team I'm working with wink.gif Not sure if I scared you off, if you forgot, or just don't think you have the time, but I know they've moved onto getting some mapping done now.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Lookin good - I especially like the metal textures.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    You texturing and lighting looks a hell of alot better than my attempt at the art test. I changed the look of mine half way and ran out of time. I'd never played Geist, until a few weeks ago.

hope you get the position, it looks nice! laugh.gif

render2.jpg
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The generator-thing in the third shot could use more sides, it's pretty big after all.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks everyone. I have never played the game. and its nice to see someone elses attempt lee, keep the comments coming guys. I do agree generator could use more polys.
    and thanks for the good luck lee, hope its going good for you on the hunt. i just had my interview with them, well see how it goes