Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

savannah outpost environment

noritsune
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
noritsune polycounter lvl 17
hey there everyone -

wanted to post a couple renders of this imagined environment I was working on before I totally lost steam. I originally intended to push it much further with more detail and localized lighting character, but I'm losing creative interest too quickly to do that right now. time outside of Work is precious! but, I would love to hear any comments from people, for now or whenever I return to it.

couple comments about the piece - I was trying to come up with an architectural system for an imagined society living out in the grasslands, with access to plenty of clay (and tile) but not much wood or stone. The architecture was supposed to be heavily decentralized, and blur the line between indoors and outdoors as much as possible. overall I think everything's still too messy and unfocussed, I think a symptom of working in this system for the first time. actually the trees and plants are my favorite part.

whole scene is just under 200,000 tris. renders popped out of mental ray. grass in the foreground/background is just silly alpha planes - h4x0rcery done for beauty shots. smile.gif

fire away guys! thanks

ark_city_001_comp_th.jpg
ark_city_002_comp_th.jpg
ark_city_003_comp_th.jpg

Replies