Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lost General

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kendo polycounter lvl 18
This was something i was working on for the dominance contest though i didnt feel it was worth releasing at the deadline.

Though im not entirely happy with the final out come it certainly was a good excersize.

finalrender.jpg

finalrender2.jpg

polycount.jpg

unrendered.jpg

highpolyfront.jpg

I am in the process of re-rigging and producing a small scene for a additional render which i should hopefully have finished tomorrow.

Replies

• Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Looks cool. I especially like the boots and robot arm. I think a lot of the other elements seem like they could use a bit more detail. I like where they are headed, but they just need more of it.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i'm with Ninjas--this is pretty good stuff, all it needs is some more time in the oven is all. you've got some excellent detail in some areas, like on the legs and such, but then are large and mostly non-detailed areas like the left shoulder pauldron and that big crest on the helmet.

it could also use a more unifying color scheme. each part seems to have its own color that doesn't tie in with the the rest of the outfit; it should look more unified.

but that being said i think you can get this from being interesting to being very good. just keep plugging away at it.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    To elaborate a bit on what gauss said, the model is very solid. Good design with some anatomy problems (arms too long; not even length..). The main thing that I see is that there is no single theme to the piece. It looks like patchwork just flapped together. You also need to work just a bit on your shading. All the colors are very flat and could use some definition.

Good start, it just need polished up a bit. =]