Home Technical Talk

Wacom Problems

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Illusions polycounter lvl 18
Ok, I'm starting to have a few issues with my Wacom tablet. Well, not my Wacom tablet exactly, more so with how it interacts with my laptop (since I can't discern whether this is an issue with the laptop, or an issue with the tablet software). Anyways, my issue is that I've re-mapped my Intuos 3's keys and pen with a different set of keys for Maya, and another set of keys for everything else. The problem occurs when switching between these programs. Sometimes, quite randomly, the keymaps of one program won't unload when I switch over, and reload the ones for the appropriate program. Sometimes it will reload the appropriate keymap after a certain amount of time, other times I have to log out and log back in to unstick it, and even other times it will act as if a random key on the tablet is constantly being pressed when it is not. To fix this, I either have to go through and press the offending key, or reboot the machine.

So, the question is has anyone else experienced something like this, or anyone have any clues as to what could be wrong?

Replies

• MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Mine sometimes does a similar thing if I Alt-Tab between Max and Photoshop, since I have the pen mapped to have middleclick as default in Max, and sometimes if it's pressing on the tablet when I switch app, it keeps thinking that middlemouse is the one to use - However usually just taking the pen away from the tablet and hitting Alt-Tab a couple of times fixes it for me. I've never experienced anything as extreme as having to reboot or log out.
  • Illusions
    Offline / Send Message
    Similar thing here, I just set the pen up to be a 3 button mouse for Maya, and have my express keys set to Alt, Spacebar, Pointer, Move, Rotate, Scale, Frame Selection, and Frame All, and what it seems to have a problem with is the key that Alt mapped to 'sticking' when switching programs, and the pen not remapping itself from the default setup to 3 button when switching back to Maya. And actually the only reason I have to log off is because of the Alt key sticking after switching...
  • rawkstar
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm... I never had any of these problems, but i don't have different mapping for different apps... i just have click = left click, lower button = middle click, upper button = right click, and those settings work for all programs just fine smile.gif
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I know this is probably the first thing you did. But what you are describing is a software problem. Have you tried the latest drivers and/or even betas?
  • Illusions
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I figured it was a software problem, and not the tablet itself, and yes, I have the latest drivers as of when this problem started occuring. As for betas, I do not personally know of any myself, so I'd have to search.