Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bishamon: DarkStalkers

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
Hey All long time no pimp,

Well I finaly finished my 2year college and that is the reason why i havent been pimping like i should. I just retouched this model i had collecting dust on my HD.
Enjoy!

bishamonwire.gif

I feel it's a bit poly heavey i will optomize it a bit to see if i can bring that down some.

Any and all C&C is welcome.
I would like some critic as to how am i going to tackle the hair because i would like that to look as much like the original as possible.
IMAGE HERE

BTW, i didnt for get about the HellChick.V2 model that's next to get a touch up.:)

Replies

• ultra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultra polycounter lvl 18
    I think the mesh is very nice but i feel u could review propotions. legs and arms are to short, pic your refs and compares with the model, GL.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    if thats the ref you are choosing (personally I prefer the game artwork / sprites) then you'll need to shrink his head by about half
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    i think f you revise the shoulder area and the height proportion to the rest of the body you can fix the main proportion issues you are having
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I think shoulders are too wide and arms not enough, the reference really shows a powerful guy, a smaller head with large neck can help bringing that too

maybe you need to fond more references from that guy ( i.e take screenshots from the game), I'm pretty sure you can find it on emulation or even better, get it on an actual console.
    if you already did that, then I'd suggest to study them a little more so you can sort out the proportions problems.

also try to give the t-pose model more weight, this helps a lot.
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    /pets his Dark Stalkers tourny cert.

uhm.. dont model the jaw in the armor face, as that is the most obvious difference. Both heads are too big, and the anatomical proportions are pretty bad.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    well, if you want it to look as much like the reff as possible,, i would first sugest looking at the model and compairing it to the ref,, look at it close, yous is coming across more like a cossplayer dressing up as bishamon, the concept is much mor exagerated, tiny head, then chest is MUCH larger, on the ref, the demon faces brows and eyes roughly form the pecs of the character, then cheekbones flow into his ribcage shape, the teeth where his abs are, you have given the demon head a chin, which i do not see on the concept,

also on the concept theres a muchmore dynamic shift in proportions, small head, huge chest, small waist huge thighs and arms
    you kinda have him over all proportioned like a normal rather bulky dude.

on the concept his head is sunk down low on his body, almost no neck at all, his chin is well below his shoulder line.

on hte concept the boomerang on his helm is much bigger than his head, and the square plates are all thicker and larger. its easy to start modeling and glance at the concept and go "oh armor with a demon face" and then just model it,, you just have to train yourself to looking closely.

its also easier to tell yourself that you chose to make it not like the concept. which when you are more skilled you will be able to do, but for now i would sugest picking a concept and capturing it in 3d, over an over again. keep up the good work,. and show updates