Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

More than Meets the Eye in the War Within

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Valandar polycounter lvl 18
Well, I make character models for the game Freedom Force... and recently started making models from the Dreamwave Transformers comic series "War Within".

The idea is that War Within starts with 'Optronix' being given the Matrix and upgrading to Optimus Prime. Despite this and other continuity errors, the idea is that it's basically set in the G1 continuity, but takes place BEFORE Optimus Prime and the others set out in the Ark and crash-landed on the Earth.

Details of War Within can be found here:

http://www.transformers-thewarwithin.co.uk/

The two I've done so far are Optimus Prime and Megatron. Because the fan-made add-on for Freedom Force lets you have a 'Shapeshifting' character, I made separate meshes for their vehicle forms, but these are actually made out of the robot mode meshes rearranged, so they take the same textures:

Twwoptimus.jpg

Twwopvehicle.jpg

TWWmegs02.jpg

TWWmegs03.jpg

I really shouldn't have to say which one is Megatron and which one is Optimus Prime, should I?

BTW, in FF we're pretty much limited to Diffuse and ambient maps, and a gloss map which shows how strong the "reflection" of an environment map is. And those shots are from the model viewer for the game. Since it's a superhero RTS, I can actually scale them to be their "proper" height, too, around 20-25 feet tall.