Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Polycount - Generals - [Jaco]

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jaco polycounter lvl 17
The Dragon: Leader of the elite flame-troopers. In a war torn civilisation, a child's unguided, playful obsession with dragons has turned him into a sick, twisted and dark beast-man. He is dragon in all but his physical human anatomy. He consumes raw meat, relishes in unbearable temperatures and thinks like the beast he worships.His human side joined the war to fight for the cause, his beast side joined the war to feed. His temperament, weapons, tactics and appearance reflect his obsession. Some say there's a tail-like growth on his lower back; which leads to the question, is he man, or is he dragon?

I've got a pretty detailed idea in my head so far. I'm thinking armour that brings to mind images of fire, i.e curvy and pointy shapes, whilst bearing an obvious resemblance to a dragon. The dragon influence will be pretty strong, I'm thinking a jet-pack, with massive dragon-wings for steering, an arm mounted flamethrower resembling a dragon head, a helmet with metallic horns, and a face bearing a strong resemblance to a dragon's, whilst still appearing human-like. My 2d skills are limited to pencil sketching, so don't expect a fancy color concept.

I started on the head (Much of it will be hidden), I'm going to leave it at this, I'll post a craptacular pencil concept sketch soon smile.gif

DragonHeadWIP1.jpg

Any ideas are welcome!

Replies