Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

some recent work

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
aniceto polycounter lvl 18
hey guys, heres another first time poster, long time lurker smile.gif

im in my 2nd(and last) year of education and ill be looking for a job in the games industry at the end of the year.

hopefully you guys can help me out as im in serious need of critique frown.gif

the problem with the school im attending is we get no real critique from the tutors, so the students have no idea where they stand.

my solution to this problem: post on polycount laugh.gif

first is an 800tri head model using ashley judd as reference.
601c59a2.jpg

these are some 500 poly characters made for a class project. the game is aimed at psp specs and is meant to have a steampunk type style.
enemies2.jpg

this is a normal mapped character i worked on for a mod. 3500tris, 1024x1024 spec/diffuse and normal map.
jarrodbodyfinal.jpg
jarrodupdate3.jpg

this is a character i started in december some time, but this is as far as i got.
accessoriestexture.jpg

i recently got my ass kicked in a competition, and even more recently had my work ripped apart by several people, so i have no misconceptions about my work
i know im not the next big thing smirk.gif

feedback is really appreciated. even if you think the work is so average you cant be bothered replying, just say that smile.gif

Replies

• GLandolina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GLandolina polycounter lvl 17
    i cant crit your modelling since i cant model characters myself, but i love your psp stuff, tight uv's!
    and so you make use of your unfinished char, add those bags to the guy in the yellow.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice work man. Really digging the psp stuff, and your general modeling style. Got a website?

poop.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Images are a little small to truly crit perhaps. Ashley seems to have a very wide mouth. Like she's grinning from ear to ear and some. The PSP stuff looks OK, but the stark eye whites are nagging at me. You could look at adding some eyeball shadow. I wonder If overall they are too ambiently lit for such low poy models and you might look at more dramatic shading/lighting to make them pop. The character with the bodywarmer looks really quite good.
  • aniceto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aniceto polycounter lvl 18
    hey thanks for taking the time.
    GLandolina: glad you like the psp stuff smile.gif i never really thought of re-using the bags, ill keep that in mind

poopinmymouth: thanks for the kind words smile.gif funny that you should reply, our tutor actually used your naruto character in a comparison of what looks good vs what looks bad, i dont have to say which catagory yours was in wink.gif
    i dont have a website at the moment but its high on my list of priorities.

Daz: really appreciate the critique. ill go over the psp character textures and see if i can give it more dramatic lighting like you said. im new to the whole DS/PSP spec model thing, so im still learning what works and what doesnt.
    and about the ashley model, i guess it turned out that way because in the reference i used she was smiling smirk.gif in hindsight, that wasnt a good idea

ill get plenty of real wip threads going over the year. hopefully ill be able to look back at my work and laugh laugh.gif