Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

vampire character

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
JordanW polycounter lvl 19
So I havent done any character modeling a while so I gave it a whirl this past weekend and this is what I came up with, I still may do more to it but this is it for now.

progress.jpg

Replies

• GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    thats good... nice and clean texture, the proportions may be aa bit strange though.

Jody
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not really liking the weird track striped going down his pant legs. I would suggest that you actually give his pants a more brownish hue to match the color on his jacket buckles. That way they wouldn't seem so out of place on his body.
  • JekoDai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JekoDai polycounter lvl 17
    Very nice, i like the character design, fun to look at. I agree about the strange body proportions. Unless you made the guy to be a hunchback I suggest making the shoulders more pronounced and bulging to match the rest of his bulk. You should also give him another accessory to compliment the color of the jacket buckles. Or try making them silver? Other than that good job, I would like to see how this turns out.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    That stripe makes it look like some kind of jogging pants, it doesn't fit with the rest of his clothes.
    Needs more wrinkles, both in the face and in the clothes.
    The face looks really symmetrical, the only thing that looks assymetrical is the blood running down his bread.
    You need some kind of border in the back where the head meets the top of the jacket, the head looks like it's floating right now. And try to paint in some shadows cast from the head onto the jacket to further bring them together.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Those are "Speed Lines". My friend has a pair of pants with them on it. He's the fastest person I know.
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Oh yeah, I don't know why i didn't catch this before: it's weird that the lapel on the jacket just kinda stops, they usually go all the way around, ala: fishmouse3.jpg
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    The sharp texture bring out the "sharp/low poly" nature of the model even more. Not to mention that usually if you can use 512x512 textures you can use much higher polycounts.
    Maybe try 256x256 instead?

Also the texture suffers from mild stone effect, what i mean is all the materials kinda look like stone, its rather common so maybe its all in my head.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Hey guys thanks for all the comments and suggestions, when i get some free time I'm going to touch up this guy and i'll definatly take into account the things that were mentioned here. Again thanks a bunch!