Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Long time no pimp

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
Been a while since I've pimped some work so I figured it was time I got off my butt and did so.
Nothing overly exciting unfortunately but its been fun modeling so far smile.gif
Will continue updating, hopefully it wont become yet another unfinished model in my wip folder heh.

Female_Head.jpg
Feedback or ideas to jazz her up are as always welcomed.

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Not bad at all.. definitly a really good siluette and the anatomy looks pretty good, but a bit uninteresting smile.gif

There are issues at a few (most difficult) areas, like the corners of the mouth (needs more depth and more impact on the surrounding tissue) and the eyes (especially the outer corners which lack the out going loops of the upper eyelit... hard to explain smile.gif ).

Last but not least, the ear seems a bit to high and the head is maybe a little bit to thin further back.

Oh and wireframes would REALLY help giving you crits confused.gif
  • Zeldrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers JKMakowka I agree with all your points and have done some slight tweaks to address them.
    I went back and hardened some of the facial features to make it more interesting, worked with the corner of the eyes and mouth, lowered the ears a tad and expanded the back of the skull (not that its that evident with perspective).
    Here's the update with wires. The changes are subtle but I think it makes a difference, hope it’s noticeable.
    Female_Head2.jpg

That’s why I love these boards they are full of useful crits smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice wireframe!

The eyelid edges are looking ultra sharp, to the point it's a bit unnatural.

Also, this is a guy? or a girl? I originally thought it was a woman, but now I'm unsure.

poop.gif
  • j_bradford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
    Looking cool; You might want to try shortening the length of the jawline and bringing the ear foward with it slightly. Agree with poops comments on the eyelid.