Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Challenge #22 - TopGear - gauss' free concepts

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gauss polycounter lvl 18
the best things in life are free!

so my mate Hawken runs these great contests and i've always felt pretty rotten for not joining in. so now i am. sort of. the deal is that i'm going to contribute concepts so any of you lame-os that inevitably wuss out of these contests under some really lame pretense like not having a good idea. well, now you don't get any excuses. if you can't come up with one of your own concepts, you can use one of these.

some of you might remember this:
burham0.jpg

it's been newly christened, with lots of help from my good friend Sidwell, the Thunderliner, by Burham Diesel. i decided when looking at this contest, that Burham (pronounced BURR-um) should expand their production lines.

first off was a big truck very similar to the original Thunderliner:
burham1.jpg
some sort of massive 6 wheeled truck. could probably tow a small city, but you can do it with the top down.

next off, Burham Diesel returns to their roots, with an exotic piece of farm equipment:
burham2.jpg
an extreme high-performance tractor. can't really function in the field until you replace those racing slicks with proper tractor tires, but it can haul a plow just as easily as it can haul ass. eligible for the contest, as it as two mated front wheels, like a proper tractor should.

for those that love the feel of wind pulling your hair out by the root:
burham3.jpg
now since this is a motorcycle, it's not technically eligible for the contest as-is... unless you change it to be like the motorcycle it was inspired by, the Dodge Tomahawk. which has two sets of two wheels, making it a 4 wheeled vehicle, and eligible for the contest. motorcycles don't come any more overpowered than this, folks.

and finally, for the sporty set:
burham4.jpg
the Burham roadster. an elegant but high powered racer, which has now won several world-class races.

now i'm giving you a lot, but not everything. as you can see, you only get a side view with a rough thumbnail of the top view--the rest is up to you.

but remember, all Burham vehicles can never be seen without the trademark hood ornament:
burham_ornament.jpg
so if you decide to model a Burham vehicle, don't forget it!

you're free to model any of them, including the Thunderliner if you think you're cool enough (hint: you're not). i'm going on vacation soon and not sure if i'll have internet access, but i should have some more up later if i can. probably even some non-Burham designs as well, to add a little more spice. good luck, i'm expecting some great stuff from this contest!

Replies