Home Technical Talk

3dsmax 8 biped neck keyframe problems...

S-S
S-S
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
S-S polycounter lvl 18
Hi!
- I just wanted to pose some of my older models, and decided to bring then into 3dsmax8.. However, i ran into problems. I made a couple of animations for my spy girl model and kitano model
- Then when i opened the scenes yesterday, i noticed that neck keys had changed. I ran some tests and noticed that when i made key for neck, save, reset, then opened the file again, neck tracks had changed.
- I used quaternions for neck, and tried making keys with autokey and also with key buttons in charstudio tab - no difference. I guess it's not that anyway.

- I have earlied only had problems with neck / spine poses not coming correctly from saved poses but this is new...

- Another thing. Has anyone else had problems with new euler rotations for limbs? I get Snaps in arms...
- And i sometimes have lost curves in trackview for euler biped rotations.

- I guess these might be bugs, it would be nice to know if someone else has run into similar problems!

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    There are numerous bugs - are you using a custom rig or CS? I CS we've had hierarchy switches and NEVER save with fig mode on.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    This may or may not help, but I've had problems with the neck and head keys when there is a head target value without a head target object defined. Try selecting all the neck keys and making sure the value is set to zero.
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    Rick_Stirling:
    - Well, i guess i mentioned quite clearly that i'm using biped smile.gif. But anyway, it really seems like these problems are bugs... got again same thing today.
    - Yes, i have heard that it's not good to save biped in figure mode. I always try to save bipeds in "normal" mode.

Monster
    -Thanks. I'll have to dig more into this problem, i will probably send mail to autodesk.