Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New portifolio site.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
Hello, you guys might remember me as RageUnleashed, I regret sort of "getting out of the game" by no longer being a regular and slacking off on the game art for a bit.

Anyways, onto the site, still a WIP:
www.e-bagg.com

Replies

• Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good, but like I said, pic quality is kinda low, but on the bright side the site loads really fast. Lookin nice laugh.gif.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    some images miss the black border on the left
    u should think of whatu want the viewer to see first when he/she comes on the site. u think the revolver is the best piece showing most of your skill?

font choice isnt really the greatest. if u want comments on the layout. the box with the thumbs doesnt line up with the displaying box which in my oppinion it should.

the 45° edges btw are so out id recommend to get rid of it. doesnt look too cool. also having the title in the black form on the blueish grey frame on the darker blueish grey doesnt really help anything. just visual waste get rid of it. and if u can look for a more understanding font id really appreciate that

the thumbs i can see there ... u have one for wire, one for flattexture and one for model textured. im not certain what others think but u could sum that up. make one site for a char so u can view it all on the same time. and thatd make the thumbs look less busy cuz 3 become one. atleast 9 become 3. like whide ones same space using as 3. makes it look more how do i say... elegant or so...

those my thought on it.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I get an error when trying to view your site. Something about a missing plug-in, and I'm using foxfire. Is it some kind of flash site? Possibly make a html alternative since it's a portfolio?
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    a porti-folio, huh? handy to have around.

ok wisecracks aside, qube's got good comments about making sure the elements all lined up, that's important. "game art goodness" is a little trite, just go ahead and call it Elliotte Bagg's Portfolio. the site does load very quickly, but cholden's right, it really ought to be html. you just can't bank on the people that are going to be looking at your portfolio are going to have flash installed... maybe they're checking it out on a laptop, on the run, on someone else's computer etc. etc.
    it seems like a simple site and shouldn't be too tough to get into html. it'd look better center justified, as well.

qubism: why you gotta be hating on the bauhaus-style sans serif typeface? what, must all portfolios use "Impact" ? smile.gif

aside from qube's quibble about the typeface, the layout could be more elegant. BUT! you've got the most important things down, which is to say that it's a very simple, straightforward site with very little hassle to get right at the art, no splash pages or any of that garbage.

you probably saw this, but reposting it just in case you missed it:

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=73945&an=0&page=0#73945

follow the advice there and you'll have a portfolio well designed for your audience. good luck.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for the advice all. I guess I will definitely have to look at changing over to a html website. I'm pretty flash-oriented when it comes to sites (part of my official job title is flash artist, although this site I tried to steer away from the modern flashiness of flash sites when making this site and be very minimalist with interface and animated doohickeys).

I have updated it a bit btw, which addresses some issues.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    IMPACT USERS REPRESENT.

/me throws shit at gauss