Home General Discussion

The Movies

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
I got this one last night, in the Special Edition DVD variant.

Im REALLY enjoying it so far, to be honest. Its like a fun blend of those Tycoon games, Black & White, and The Sims.
Pretty good graphics, awesome music & sounds.

Replies

• JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    I've been thinking of picking this up. Could be a fun game to keep dicking around in. Maybe I'll get it on the weekend. But, good to know it's good.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    loving it, only complaint is how few staff you get.
    i made by own movie, it took nearly four years to make, the production people were constantly wandering off from stress, but i finally got it made and it got panned frown.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Hahahahah. Thats because you suck!
    I also agree, you just dont get enough applicants for all the various jobs.

At this moment my movies are of Roger Corman quality, which is to say utter shite.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    The vehicles ROCK. Particularly the 1960 300f wink.gif

(I built that one, but I am not biased in any way)
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    must get game... waiting too long...

i thought it didn't come out until tuesday though.

so when are we going to see these movies in the p'n'p board? wink.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My wife loves it, I haven't had time to sit down and play it yet. It looks like its one of those games you play when you have nothing else to play and nothing to work on. I have plenty to work on, and plenty to play so I doubt it will get much attention from me.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    how much control is there over what kind of movies you make and what you can do with them? do you choose pre-made scripts or can you write your own? are you limited by the genres of the era?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    you've got a choice of action, comedy, sci-fi, romance and horror, which are used for rating your movie and speeding up movie creation for pumping out quick releases. you don't write your own movies exactly, each set has a load of different scenes covering most of what you'll want, you can tweak most of the scenes content with sliders. you can't do anything really involved like making characters walk to point x, pick up something and then fall over, you'd have to settle for character walks across screen, show item in hand (and probably at another location on the set) then spend 5 minutes looking for a scene where someone falls over. it's fun, but it's not ideal.