Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Site redesign and some games

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone, I recently redesigned the Naixela Software page, and we have also released our game Red: Space Trucker as a free download. I mostly wanted to know what you guys thought about the design, and if I should change any colors, etc. I was really trying to keep it clean and easy to navigate. Also, any errors you notice would help, too! Thanks!

http://www.naixela.com

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Navigation is clean and easy. No problems with the site at all. Now, if you wanted to take it to the next level, Since Red Space Trucker is your new release, put it on the main page with a download, a few screens and a small text blurb so that it all still fits in that nice small space like the current version. Right now, having a main page that just links to the games page is kind of useless. You might also consider a color scheme to match the Space Trucker game for the overall site as an additional selling point for the title. Since the current site is very basic (fonts and colors), this would be easy to update with each new game's release. Good stuff overall, keep it up

One thing, is the cover art for Grand Adventure Generator snaked Frazetta art? wink.gif
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, thanks for the ideas, I was thinking of doing the schemes, but I previously had a color scheme that matched Red's, but since we are just releasing it for free now, I didn't want it to be the focus; I like the artwork in Night of the Pumpkins better :P

Once we release some info on our next game I am gonna make a site specifically for that, but this one is sort of the "company" site, if that makes sense. So, looking at it from that standpoint, should I still change the scheme?

I guess I will have to change the Grand Adventure Generator thing, that was before I was any good at using my Wacom :P (AKA You're right) Thanks!
  • PolyMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyMonkey polycounter lvl 17
    I actually like the colors. The one thing that stands out to me is the elements within the page appear off center from one another. I'm running my desktop at 1920x1200, but that shouldn't be it. That's my 2c.