Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT2004 - Rachel's Diner DM

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
Been working on this map for almost 6 months off and on. More now recently. hehe. Its a 3-6 player DM map taking place on an asteriod in an asteriod field. 70% of the work I created myself and other miscellaneous artwork is part of the meshes that comes with UT2004. Pathing the bots to jump from asteriod to asteriod was extremely frustrating, its still not perfect. If you play UT2004 download the level and let me know your thoughts.

Download LINK

shot01.jpg

shot02.jpg

shot03.jpg

shot04.jpg

shot05.jpg

Thx
Lee

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    test played it real quick, two 'issues' came up:
    -the elevator that comes up beside the diner is lit pretty much fullbright, should see about doing a special lit or something on that mover
    - the player models fall through the asteroids they were standing on when killed, should check all the collision options on them to make sure you didnt forget to check something off, looks odd to die and just fall through the ground.

cool stuff other than that! you considered making a plane with a 2-sided texture on it to add a neon glow to the "rachel's" sign? Level plays great.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Fun. The players passed out in the Diner is neat. Like flaagan said, I'm falling right through the rocks.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan: elevator brightness set to specialLit, thx for that trick smile.gif. As far as the player models falling through custom meshes, it gives me an error in UT editor, saying that its not available yet. So, im guessing its a developer exclusive frown.gif I can assign a simple collision to the asteroids, but then you wouldn't be able to go inside the big asteriod.

ElysiumGX: Thanks Will laugh.gif. Cyas tomorow at the meeting.

Updates:
    Bot pathing between the asteroids has bee tweaked. The sun in the skybox is now animated and other miscellaneous tweaks.

Lee
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    with the help of Angel Mapper, (www.angelmapper.com) the problem of falling through the asteroids has been resolved! Map download has been updated.
  • the_podman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the_podman polycounter lvl 17
    Really fun map! I'm having a blast with it. The bots seem to know where they're going too.

Only crit would be the saturation levels of the red and blue outside the diner, I would bring them down a tad. The interior of the diner could use a few dynamic lights and some karma objects to knock around but I know they slow down performance considerably within the game.

-pod