Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

need skin for model I made.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Gungriffon Geona polycounter lvl 18
Since my thread for the obscure character project was a total bust, I figured I'd just focus on one model. and since Assault Suits Valken is my overall favorite game of all time, I put all my effort into my Valken/Cybernator model. Well it's half ready for import into UT2K4.
Now here is where you come in. I've got someone who said they can help with the rigging of my model if I can get a skin together. I have a pair of UV maps and the finished 3DS file, as well as the three reference pictures I went by in the making of the model. (one of which I simply used to get propotions correct because it has an entirely different color scheme. ie the image with the silver color scheme. the green and metal scheme is the correct one.)

Here's a zip file with everything I have:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5902077/Cybernator.zip.html

Anyone who helps will of course get full credit for their work. also, I'm hoping the model can put through a cel shader to get the look down perfect, so keep that in mind.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Replies

• Gungriffon Geona
    Offline / Send Message
    okay, so I might have a skin being made for it. that all depends however on how the mecha mod for Halo goes though. The head of the project decided he wanted to use the model for the mod, and would have someone build a skin for it. and since I don't need to change the UV map, it makes it all the better.

But if someone else had started on a skin, feel free to continue, I'd like to see more than one version anyway.
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Offline / Send Message
    I lost contact with the guy who was going to do the skin, and so forth I have no one to help me.

and is my model really so bad that no one wants to help me with this? forgive me for sounding selfish, but I really wish someone could help me with this. I'm getting somewhat agitated by this.
    Is it the UV map causing the problems because it's too confusing? please someone give me an answer.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    i opened your model and its missing a foot and an arm. maybe thats the problem with why noone wants to mess with it
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Offline / Send Message
    the hell? I could have sworn the file saved correctly. I checked the 3DS file myself before putting it in the zip file.

maybe I should try to make a new zip file.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    .obj format is cool
  • Gungriffon Geona
    Offline / Send Message
    okay, I don't think there should be any problems this time (I hope.) I did like suggested and switched over to OBJ for it. (not to mention major tweaks to the overall mesh in places.)
    Here's to hoping everything is okay.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/6636240/Cybernator2.zip.html

if there are any problems with the model please let me know, I'm still hoping to optimise it.

EDIT: ah dammit the UV maps didn't save right for some reason. I gotta try that again.

EDIT2: Okay, the UV maps are fixed this time.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    FYI, I tested your OBJ, and everything seems to be in working order.

That said, redo the uv's. No one will be able to texture this model with the current uv's. Well I guess they could, but it'd drive them to insanity. It could also use a lot of model optimization and better poly distribution. The big shapes are low polygon with lots of tiny mesh details that will not be visible during gameplay. For example, the bottoms of the feet is really no place for cylindars with details extruded in. Overall, the character does have an ok shape.