Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

More NUDE models :D :D :D

DarthRevanII
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
What were you expecting? Naked women? Possibly even...*gasp*...naked men?

You won't find either here...especially the latter smile.gif...however you will find a textureless model frown.gif...my photoshop has been giving me a hell of a time and I can't keep it running for more than 5 minutes, so im just moving on to make more models until I get THAT fixed, anyway enough talk

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/SpartnII/1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/SpartnII/2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/SpartnII/2339ef42.jpg

Ok, now because fingers are pointed, I know it looks like the Reaver from Planetside. I modeled this pup thinking OF the design of it. I haven't seen the reaver in like 2 years, unfortunately it just happens to look a lot like it...I'm going to go through some tweaks to get rid of that, I hate coping work, arr

Anyway the polycount is 834, and im going to bring it up to probly around 2000, it's just a WIP for now, but let me know what you think smile.gif

PS: OH and btw, the nose is NOT another intake...its just going to be a grill...the other 3 things on the bottom however ARE intakes

Replies

• Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    Intakes for what?

Looks, very... err... toyish.

Please dont render on black.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    propulsion system...and yea, it kinda does look toyish at the moment...once I get more detail into it and change a few things, should look better

and oh sorry, I thought it was bright enough and sharp enough to render on black without it being a problem, sorry...ill gey a greyish/blue one on my update
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    actually, not rendering on black is a great rule of thumb with some exceptions--i think that this model fits as one of those exceptions. with the colors and the light levels, it works out just fine.

darth, you're doing a very good job of tying all these vehicles together with colors and form language... but perhaps a little too closely related? what's the function of this design, as differing from say that dropship of yours? all of the marine ships are blending together in my mind.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    having intakes on the side and under the nose doesnt really help anything if the engines are on pylons. It would look more practical if the engines themselves were independent, and instead in the place of the missplaced turbines you could put weapons. Also the cockpit doesnt look very friendly for a pilot. Is it more than one pilot?
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gauss: thankx smile.gif, Glad you can at least see some comparison (even if it might be TOO closely related, at least you can tell its related)
    You might have a point about that...I mean im hoping that once I get skins, they won't look look like exact replicas..Ill post them all together so you can help me judge on that smile.gif I would appreciate to know if you still think they are too related

Oh wow how did i forget to mention how it works...argh...Ok basically, take the Orca Fighter from the C&C series...it's a VTOL aircraft, basically like a helicopter, but faster in acceleration and manuvers. The two pods on the wings are rotatable engines, and the gray pods on the top are also rotatable engines. I'm also adding a machine gun port and missles to it

**EDIT**
    Here you go Gauss
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/SpartnII/4.jpg
    Moz: Hmm, you may have a point...the gray things by the nose is actually it's own independant engine as well...I was thinking that one could be used to help for a cruise through flight, thinking it more efficient and the power output would be lower, but maybe it's not the best idea. I guess i might turn it into a missle pod then, not sure

Oh wow, your so right about the cockpit, I didn't realize how skinny it was...ill make it wider, thankx!
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    there we go, thanks for upping the comparison image. i don't think they're -too- related after all, though how they'll look skinned will have a lot to do with that, of course. nice work.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, awesome smile.gif...thankx

Yea I had the idea of making them all have similar colors and schemes and stuff, but I thought about it, (and realized after this as well) that that might just get too repetitive and annoying...I might invert some or something, or just have a few different ones in tones and such. I'm glad they aren't all too alike, good to hear smile.gif, thankx again

I'll have an update tomorrow I think
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update...added a thruster to the front of the wing pods because it would take too long for the thrusters to do a 180
    Added more detail and landing gears
    Added a cockpit
    Changed the front intakes to Missle Pods
    Added a dual cannon nose mounted machine gun
    67055fe8.jpg
    25d76923.jpg
    5d281290.jpg
    622652fd.jpg
    5c1b4956.jpg
    7807599f.jpg
    Also, before i made MOST of the changes, i made a cool little scene render to help show you guys how I plan for this vehicle to work
    ---EDIT
    I realized I had the ships turning the wrong way, wow im an idiot, ill get the scene render up later
    ---EDIT

They were just finishing a turn...basically the engines can rotate to turn, change speeds, roll, etc...it just emits some kind of powerful energy that leaves a trail
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    are you planning on normal mapping this? I think that some nice mid-level details on a normal map would really help kick the 'toy' look.

i like the new details you added.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If I can get a good staff going, definately wanting to normal it (as well as everything else). At the moment, im really not going to worry about that. So far it's just me and my coder, so normal maps is something I can't concentrate on by myself.

thankx laugh.gif