Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CES after 20 months of blood sweat and tears

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Creamy_Goodness polycounter lvl 18
> Finally, after nearly two years of work, some easy and some very very hard, I finally finished the initial build of my case mod, the Creamy Entertainment System. In fact, this is my very first post from the new machine. CES currently runs Linux, an OS I still know almost nothing about, but I've set aside a small partition so that I can install Windows 98 on it as well at a later date. Unfortunately, the system is severely crippled, because both the CD drive and the floppy drive broke during the build. Here's what my machine currently looks like...

CES_Final_Setup.jpg
CES_Final_Glow.jpg

> These are a couple of older images of the box, but they show all sides of the machine except the bottom...

CES_Chassis_-_Left.jpg
CES_Chassis_-_Right.jpg

> I was going to enter CES in this year's QuakeCon case mod contest, but I was unable to make the trip. However, I plan to add some improvements to the system and hopefully take it to QC2006.

Replies

• hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    um nice but why the bottle cap? I don't see many judges being impressed by green bottle caps.
  • Creamy_Goodness
    Offline / Send Message
    Creamy_Goodness polycounter lvl 18
    > During the earlier phases of the build, the bottle top (not the cap, but a severed top of a Schweppes ginger ale bottle) was meant as a sheath for my home made power button (made entirely of junk). But unfortunately, I found that there wasn't enough room behind that part of the front panel for the button to fit. (The RAM module blocked it.) The cap was meant to keep curious small children from pushing the button and turning off the system prematurely. Besides, the cap adds to the crude look I've been trying to give the front panel since the early phases of the project, so I decided to keep it on.
  • TNSLB
    Offline / Send Message
    TNSLB polycounter lvl 18
    Seriously excellent job, Jat! Proud of ya for sticking with it and following the dream!