Old travelling man

Makk
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Makk polycounter lvl 18
Latest model....

oldman_01.jpg
oldman_02.jpg

This was done purely for fun, I didnt have a poly limit in mind so I was liberal with my poly use (just look at the necklace. I havent joined the neck area to the head so ignore the for the moment, also the head hasnt been weilded together yet.
Looking for some hard crits on it.. especialy the mesh construction and the planes around his face (which is supposed to be fora beard btw)probably wont texture ir or anything. Its at about 4.5k

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I see no reason to put the moustache on a separate alpha. You can just paint that on and I'd say replace the many stripes for the beard with a single surface, intersecting alpha planes will always cause problems.

There are some clipping issues with the two belts over his shoulder and the shirt-trousers transition, that'll just get worse when animated.

The horizontal loop below the collarbones on the chest doesn't define shape, it could probably round his chest in the side profile a bit.

I'd merge a few loops on the back of the head, they seem unnecessary to me and with lowpoly you can just terminate them into a tri without trouble. As a replacement I'd suggest another line on the cheeks since they seem rather blocky in the silhouette compared to the rest of the face.

How's the inside of the sleeves capped? The lines don't seem to continue from the sleeve.
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    KDR, yeah it would be a btter idea to get rid of all those planes and make it just one bigger one. The belts have yet to be tweaked. Good spotting on the back of the head, theres definitly some verts there that could be weilded.
    As for the sleeves they arent capped, just a single row of polies there. I put in the side of his chest instead.