Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First attempt at head...

Okt
polycounter lvl 19
Online / Send Message
Okt polycounter lvl 19
This is my first attempt at a head model. Done in Max 7, and man it is a real change from guns..

Weighing in at 976 triangles, I would like to map it all, alpha the har and such. Let me know about the mesh.
head015lg.gif
head021ia.gif

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good for your first try, i would texture the hair ASAP and reconsider how you are placing it, it looks way too evenly spaced.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    That horizontal line that goes from the side of the nose, where the 2 lines come down and merge into one near the cheak bone. Pull that vert out some. In the 45 degree angle shot he kind of looks like he dosn't have any cheek bones. Other than that it looks great. Get to texturing! EQ is probobly right about the hair. it does look a tad messy. Once you start texturing it you'll figure out what you've done wrong and you can go back and fix it. Good work though.
  • Okt
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Okt polycounter lvl 19
    n30g3n3s1s: I woldn't mind to get in contact with you... IM or something. PM over at HL2.

Thanks, EarthQuake! I will start UVmapping as soon as I get the mesh how I want it. smile.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    good work, eyes may be a tad far apart, hard to tell, only other real comments are that the face may be a bit too flat the forehead down to the chin is one almost perfectly flat line, its not a big deal cause some people are like that, but could be a problem if all your faces turn out flat