Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tinkering around with Zbrush

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
dragon0qj.th.jpg

Did this in 20 minutes just to try out and begin learning z brush,the interface is a little weird but i figured it out in a few minutes,decent result for my first try, ill have to get better to integrate this into normal mapped enrionments stuff

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Nice, you've actually made something recognizable, because, i sure as hell can't.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nice, you've actually made something recognizable, because, i sure as hell can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats just drawing in 2d,from what ive seen modeling in 3d in zbrush can be tricky
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    cool man smile.gif learning zbrush is a fun process.

i suggest going through the help and tutorials, i spent a day reading and watching the scripted tutorials they ahve and picked up a lot of things; in addition to feeling much more comfortable with the interface.

it is a bit daunting, but once you get past the "new" things, you can flow pretty easilly.

one thing that really helped me, was roughing up a form in max, and importing it into zbrush - so i had a base 'sketch' of what i wanted, just had to 'do my thing' after that. that way you dont have to worry about it creating strange geometry, and your concept is pretty much done.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    do models have to be perfectly sealed? as in no open vertices,i had issues importing models with open verts
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I've found you can get cleaner work when dealing with a closed mesh, but its not a requirement that I've noticed.

Of course, make certain your low-mesh is all quads before you export to ZB & work with Sub_D on a bit to check for pinching & whatnot.

Have fun Zbrushing! It takes some getting used to, but once you do, you'll wonder how any high-poly artist ever got on without it!