Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DS2 Cinematics

FatAssasin
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
It's been a long time since I've posted anything, and since Dungeon Seige 2 will be out in a matter of days (tomorrow I think), I thought I'd post some clips from the cinematics that I worked on.

I got there pretty late in the project, so was mainly responsible for polishing what was already done. So my overall contribution was to add special effects, like snow and the eyes opening on the sword, and re-render everything with better lighting, better textures, motion blur, depth of field, camera shake, and so on.

I'm really looking forward to our next project where I can be in on the beginning of the process and actually create high res models (the ones for the DS2 cinematics were the game models), and shoot for higher quality all around.

http://jhaywood.com/images/haywood_DS2_fmvClips.avi

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    so there's nothing really yours to crit or comment on, is there? dont know what you really expect to hear, and i feel there isnt much i can offer.

the movie it self isnt exciting.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    i think it looks very nice .. considering you use ingame assets...

good luck on the upcoming project !
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work for in game model usage. I saw this about a yearago at PAX, not the short clip but the full intro. Played around in it for a bit. I'm glad you guys now have a new engine to play with. I just hope i get to play with it too..
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    looks cool man. Cinematics are a "fun" experience. glad to see you made it through alive! some good looking shots and action in those. congrats! smile.gif

dont be so quick to thrash judgement shotty smile.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "special effects, like snow and the eyes opening on the sword, and re-render everything with better lighting, better textures, motion blur, depth of field, camera shake"

i'd say that there's definately something to comment on there, shotgun. I can't download the movie myself (bandwidth, ugh.) right now, but i'll comment on it later, if i can have a look at a friends' house.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, not really looking for crits so much because it's already in the can and can't be changed, but of course all feedback is welcome and will be applied to the next go 'round. More of a pimp just to let everyone I've actually been doing something. smile.gif

I'm pretty happy with the results over all considering the limitations. I guess the coolest single, really tangible thing I could point out and say, "I did that", is the eyes in the sword effect. I took the game sword and reworked it to add moveable eyes and eyelids, and used a morph modifier to open and close them. It was used a couple places and turned out pretty good, in a creepy kind of way. smile.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    yes, ill give it to you thats the best part in the cinematics.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    looks great! it didn't come with any sound for me, but the visuals made up for that! laugh.gif