Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Headhunter W.I.P.

Gav
quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Gav quad damage
Hey guys,

Been working on this fella for a little while now, he's going to end up being an obese headhunter character, mainly set in a gothic fantasy genre. The heads are temp right now, just placeholder, as his belt buckle.

I plan to use Z-Brush on his shorts for wrinkles and detail...

I'm open to all crits, comments and suggestions. Looking forward to reading what you have to say:
hh.gif
Wireframe

Gav

Replies

• thnom
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, very nice - I like the style

The gif confused me -- I was sat here waiting for it to move and rotate or something >_<
  • MisterCline
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterCline polycounter lvl 18
    I know you're not done with his shorts, but the crotch on shorts lays straight even on fat guys whey they are standing wink.gif
  • JDinges
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    I really like the contrast of his office worker head to the over all theme. Nice and different. Might consider adding a bone through his nose for some more flavor, and to tie in his unusual head to the headhunter theme.

cool work smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I'm with Per, his physiology seems to conflict with his outfit. Well made however. Let's see more and where you take him.
  • Asherr
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i think the office worker by day - urban headhunter by night could work since it is for a Gothic-Fantasy genre. just make the detail out of thing he could find around the city.
  • Gav
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Hey Guys!

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

Heh, I never really thought he looked like an mild mannered office worker...but on second look I see it. I'm going to be adding a set of teeth (really small, almost baby teeth looking) and after I'm finished a plan to pose him with a creepy grin...that might break up the mail room guy look.

I was also originially planning on making his eyeballs a bit bigger...and milky white.

Any crits on character design is definietly more than welcome, it is by far one of my weakest areas. I plan on giving him a more "South American Tribesman" look...just with a demonic twist.

Again, I really appreciate your comments guys. I'm a bit busy with some work (guh) and progress may be a bit slow...but I'll update as soon as I can.

Thanks again, keep the comments coming.
    Gav