polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KRakarth polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Well put together site, should be strong once it's all complete, but what's the purpose of the site? To get a job as a character modeler? Digital Artist seems too vague, and your portfolio is mostly 3d art. Not sure if having that 2d section helps sell you. (rabbit studies image broke)

I'm against splash pages. When an employer goes through a list of portfolios, it's better to give them a direct link to your portfolio. I've personally had to sit and do this, and when I see a splash page, I think "Dammit! Why?!" It just gets in the way of your art.

From your page I see that you're still working on your portfolio. I suggest you consolidate your home, portfolio, 3d and 2d page to one main page with 8-10 of your best pieces. Make your name at the top a link to your email, drop the about and contact page, and make your contact easy to see on your portfolio and resume page. This should clean up a lot of useless clicking around, and give a better picture of who you are.

Hope you don't mind the focused crit, I'll be happy to elaborate on anything.
  • KRakarth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits, Ive found them very useful. Ive been chasing my ass around for so long Ive completely lost the plot. I will tighten up the focus and repost.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    ditch the welcome page, make the index point to your 3d section.

I doubt anyone comes there to read.
  • PeteJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
    whats wrong with pushing poo? :P
    glad to see your putting everything together again krak, and your predicament gives me some hope too!
    really enjoyed the dredd VS death stuff too. wish that game bloody well worked though.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty good stuff, agreed with the crits so far, also I'd add that some of the popup windows are opening too small for the image they contain, and are un-resizable, which is kinda annoying.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Also wanted to add that you should redo those thumbnails. Some are so non-descript, I can't tell what I'm clicking on.
  • KRakarth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    version 2.1
    more crits and comments please: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/marklaiman/

Navigation vastly simplified as per Chris' suggestion, 2d page and splash page dropped etc. All windows made resizable as per MoPs crit. And as regards Chris' suggestions regarding content; many, if not most of the jobs I have recently interviewed for here in the UK have asked for a variety of work; character, environment, hi and low poly. I guess its symptomatic of the smaller indie studios.