Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP generic man

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
Did this last night. Its late. I'm tired.
Crit?
*** Disclaimer I stole Ben's (poopinmymouth) low-poly skater hands, because Im lazy. I'll re-do them if I use this for anything ***
***UPDATE: Made my own hands & fixed some things***
generic_human01.jpg

Replies

• shotgun
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    scoob's pimping yey laugh.gif
    looking pretty solid,
    its not really low poly not really high poly.. feels like u should do something more with it you know?
    i think its deffinately a good start so far.
    the only crit would be, perhaps, shrink his torso around the waist area.

and ye deffinately redo the arms and hands.
  • steady
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    nice scoobs! he looks more like a brutish wrestler than a generic man, give that guy a beaten up boxer face and some wrapping around his fists and you'll have a generic thug in about every 2d side scrolling fighter. I'd say his head is the least generic thing about him, it definitely has more character than the average perfect-face-male.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    While it doesn't appeal to me personally (though I love the super sexy hands) it has some good stuff about it. It feels fairly natural, even if his neck/head area is a little bulldoggish. My biggest crit is for the arm/shoulder area. It's not gonna deform well, and it's gonna be a pain to rig. See if you can get some concentric circles going on that flow along the bend in the shoulder. Right now you have them in the best place to define the muscles, but it's gonna fight against being rigged, unless you spend a crap ton of time tweaking verts individually.

Just my two cents. Looking good though buddy, can't wait to see you texture it.

Oh yeah, I'm with shotgun. Loots like a lot of un-needed geometry in the upper chest, and the crotch area. I would lower the polycount, rather than upping it all over, but that's me personally.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Updated 1st image in thread! Please crit!