Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

low poly alien sorta athlete

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
JordanW polycounter lvl 19
this is about 4days worth of work I did last week....he's 1019 polys and has 2 512s...he's modeled and rigged in XSI. I need to finish his texture, i'm gonna get back on him this weekend and finish his armor cause i dislike it :P anyways on to the pics!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Replies

• MisterCline
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterCline polycounter lvl 18
    hehe design made me giggle. he's not a real healthy athelete is he? smile.gif nice work
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    looks cool, but the skin could use some extra work, looks too bright and blank right now, try to add some more contrast and detail into it.
    Keep up the good work!
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    haha, he looks very Ogro'ey (as in the q2 model) laugh.gif
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    hehe He looks cool, I like him.
    He reminds me of pior's aquaboy for some reason..
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, not bad. Good execution and form.

That said, I don't think he's a very interesting character. His armour is rather bland and he doesn't look like the type of character you'd see wearing armour like that.The armour itself is weird... why would someone with his girth be wearing that armour in the first place exposing his belly like that? And with shoulder pads that large his arms aren't very mobile - if he had to jump to grab something he'd squish his head between those monsterous badboys.

Also, is he human? I don't think he is judging by the texture on his skin (the botches, etc) and, what looks to be, scales on the side of his head.

I know this is only a few days work, but maybe a little more background info on this guy would help.

Keep it up!
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    the type of athlete I was going for when making this guy was the kinda of defensive football player, big guy, muscular but also lots of fat smile.gif I agree the armor is rather bland right now, i need to add some detail to it. I'll upload some pics soon of progress.