Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Honda CBR 1000

fiart
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
fiart polycounter lvl 18
This is my latest model.I wanted to try something different from character so I did a motorcycle.It is 6389 polys and 1x1024 texture. C&C are welcome.

Reference:
hondacbrref.jpg

Model:
hondacbrfinal01.jpg
hondacbrfinal02.jpg

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Good stuff, fart, and it's nice to see you not doing a character (variety you know). In fact, you may be better suited for this type of stuff. First thing I noticed was front windshield/mirrors and back flap past the seat look a little weak, and the tires are thin from the side. You may consider a wire frame shot to show where all those polygons are going, and some close-ups to show off your 1024. Also, the way it's rendered, the whole bottom/side dark area is too dark to see any detail work that I can see in the reference. It looks awesome there, but I can't tell what's happening with the model.
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice, makes me wanna go play MotoGP.

The angle of the front lights are off a bit though, they should be angled up more. Did you a kit model for blueprints or just picture reference?

Since you're already at over 6k I think you could probably afford to give the wheels some more cross sections too just a couple more would do. They're about the only thing that makes the model look low poly.
  • fiart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fiart polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks!

cholden: you are right about variety, for this reason I wanted to try something different. I changed the tires thickness little bit.

okkun: good point about the front lights I corrected them,thanks. I modelled it only with references images, no blueprints.
    I'll try to modify the tires and add some extra section.

here is the wire
    hondacbrwire2.jpg

and other two views:

hondacbrrear.jpg
    hondacbrcontrol.jpg

thanks for the help guys.