Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spygirl - Realtime model...

S-S
S-S
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
S-S polycounter lvl 18
- Hi! A model i started week and half ago. Continued it yesterday. Still WIP.

- Basicly she is a sort of espionage/spy game character
- I was originally going to update one of my old models, but then decided i would do same concept again, with different style
- i used many japanese games as reference for details smile.gif

- Polycount is less than 4000
- 512x512 for body
- 256x256 for head
- 256x256 for hair
- 128x128 for weapon
- 128x128 for details

20050702_spygirl_01.jpg

- Test poses. Skinning is not good yet, but i thought i would show these anyway.

20050702_spygirl_02.jpg

- Another test image.

20050702_spygirl_03.jpg

- I know there are lot's of small faults, can't fix them today, but anyway CnC is welcome!

Replies

• arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    whoa there buster.. you need to slow down!! you are making the rest of us look bad.. i like your stuff.. the left hand seems funny.. i dont think the knuckles wrinkle on gloves.. looks like her gloves should be fingerless.. you just painted the fingers like they were gloves..
    thats just nit picking tho.. my only crit isnt really for this piece but all of your stuff..
    while they all look really nice they all look really similar.. just in the exicution.. i guess thats part of having a style and what not.. but you seem to be very talented so you might want to show a wide range of subject matter.. not just very clean girls..i love the clean, prestine never been touched by dirt look.. but show us you can do other stuff.. it just seems you got this style down pat.. play with some new ideas.. not trying to pick on you or anything.. just one my pet peves.. when an artist finds their safe zone and is afraid to venture out into the unknown..not that i am one to talk.... i never finish anything..
    keep up the good work.. and give us a chance to catch up..
  • MisterCline
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterCline polycounter lvl 18
    I really like your stuff. Hard to believe you're still looking for work! tongue.gif
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    christ man thats good! love her thigh straps,its like shes wearing garters
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Real nice ass.
  • Slainean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean polycounter lvl 18
    Didn't you just post, like, 3 other models? Inspiring stuff - now I'm going to have to revisit some unfinished work.

To nitpick, I think one of the weaker points is that this, like your elf model, look a bit like generated characters. I think you did a great job painting her features (I wish I could do that) but maybe she could have some imperfections - moles, scars, blemishes, asymmetrical features - something to give a little more character. She's hot, but I'd like to see her look a little more battle-hardened. Some may disagree, but thats my preference.

Other than that, I suppose her pistol could use some stronger highlights. Everything else is looking great.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    sexy. she looks like a cross between black widow, sam fisher and solid snake. love the middle image of the bottom picture, she looks like she's saying 'come and get me boys'
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    S-S you are quickly becoming one of my favorite artists.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Dude your f-ing awesome artist and your fast .. !!
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Nice one.

Maybe saturate the hair colour a bit, looks a little dull. Could also add some wrinkles at the joints. Looking great otherwise!

May we see some wires? grin.gif
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    been staring at this for a while now, ditto on the wires :]
    I'd like to see the boots have a bit more femenine look but thats a tiny nitpick, its pretty much spot on. Envy!
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    haha
    you're really cranking out some work innit
    good work man

as in your other models u still have your hands anatomy off. the back of the hand mass is too long, and so the thumb and fingers are too far from the wrist

compare her arm to her leg. no proportion, the legs i suppose should be slimmer, its quite manly.

face texture could use some soft light coming from the top, since you placed the specular on the suit.

also about the head, with such thin layer of hair, where there is no hair strands i dont think it should look less opaque (with the alpha). either there is hair, or there isnt.

also if you are trying to go for photo realism, i'd try and avoid black outlines in the suit, like around the straps in the waist area.

hope you dont mind the crits man, its really good work and you are obviously trying very hard, so i just wonna help.
    keep it up..

/EDIT
    deffinately nice bubble butt! crazy.gifwink.gif
  • fiart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fiart polycounter lvl 18
    Nice model!I really like the face but I have to agree with some comments above.I think that the boots texture could use a little bit more work, but this is a good model.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Lots of little nitpicking here.. but I guess there are a few valid suggestions for improvment..

IMHO, a fantastic model, I agree on the midddle pose in the last pic as a favorite.. as if she were about to lick her lips.

How about posting some wireframes for everyone to study and learn from ?

Excellent work in all dude.. keep it up and post more of your stuff if you have it.. somehow I bet your holding back on us..
  • jayceel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jayceel polycounter lvl 18
    Exellent work, The face is my favorite part of the model!!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    This model beats seven bells out of Joanna Dark, this is exactly how she should of looked.
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    arshlevon:
    - Thanks. I know what you mean, and i'm working on other stuff too! - Just have to figure out some way to make money - i need more time for gfx smile.gif

sundance:
    - Eh, thanks! - You listed games which i used as reference smile.gif

pogonip:
    - Thanks smile.gif

ghost_rider:
    - Hehe! Thanks!

rooster:
    - Yep. Believe it or not but i first tried hiheel shoes wink.gif - I wanted her to have those but then i should have done totally different body texture design...

Quasar:
    - I tried more saturated hair first. Have to think about it.

shotgun:
    - I'm kinda aware of the hand issue. Problem was that i couldn't cut hand for better editing without ruining part of skin information, and then i should also re-align bones = more time needed.

Hunter:
    ? - I think i have posted quite a lot stuff lately... smile.gif

odium:
    Hehe! wink.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    awesome work.
    wires and flats?
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Excellent work. As critic, hands and shoes could be done better.
    If you want to play a bit with textures, make her eyes blue or play with the lips color. That configuration is always very cute.

keep it up!
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    The whole head and especially the face is awesome. Model and texture. My critic would be the body. While the modeling seems to be great, the whole suit looks like it's made out of the same dull material. You tried to do some highlights on her breast, but they are not very bright. I would use some very small and bright spots. And don't highlight the black line. It's supposed to be a seam (that's how it looks to me smile.gif ) and thus it's differently orientated and reflecting the light into a different direction. It's a very small detail but it usualy almost ruins the overall picture.

man, the head is really top notch work!
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Man that is so nice, and... fast!

I might just suggest one thing, don't know if it's been said already. Man these breasts are huge. Been at the beach today and paid some, hem, attention to that. Even the hottest don't have them that big! And I actually think the your spy would be much cuter with a more modest clevage.

That might sound a tad stupid and restrictive to say so, but hey that's a matter of taste anyway!

Awesome work man.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I think it looks great, awesome work!
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    oh man who was the reference for the face she looks so familiar
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Lordscottish: Might not necessarily be a bad choice, when you're sneaking in the shadows you don't want any specular reflections to give you away. The only military equipment that's supposed to be shiny are your boots.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I'd really like to see the wires on this one.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Theres truly no justice in a world where I can get a job in the games industry and you can't...
  • extanker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    extanker polycounter lvl 18
    That is some awsome stuff. Its amazing how much talent is floating around this place.

Now I hate to be the one to ask, but I don't suppose this fine model could end up in a game (like UT2K4 maybe...)?
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Man these breasts are huge. Been at the beach today and paid some, hem, attention to that. Even the hottest don't have them that big! And I actually think the your spy would be much cuter with a more modest clevage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Exspecially with her suite that looks like a neopren suite, they also look kind of unrealistic (more like naked with paint on them).
    I know that is 'gaming style'tm, but I would check out some diving suite catalouges for hot chicks in neoprens for reference laugh.gif

Btw I really like the shot with the glasses on, they seem to fit nicely to the character.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Really, this is great work again, but S-S wheres the wires?

I take it you are useing the same base model for each of these, be nice to see the poly flow and stuff.

My only crit would be the colour/saturation on the hair seems very flat. but hey great model.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps those boobs aren't big, just better armored wink.gif?
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    S-S.. sorry, now I have to check some of the previous posts and check out some more of your work. (It's been a while since I had a chance to check out the forums..

Keep up the great work.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    shocked.gif I think I may have just inoculated..

One of the hottest models I seen in a long time. thumbup.gif
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    - Thanks everyone!

pior:
    - I know smile.gif - Really have take another look into mesh this week.

JKMakowka:
    - I tried to get better color/alpha combination for shades, but i think current color/transparency works quite ok anyway
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Great work!

I kinda like her boobs this way smile.gif
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    i see nothing wrong with her boobies... when there's models like sophie howard, michelle marsh and lucy pinder with natural FF or G cup boobs, what's wrong with hers?
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    They're just too good/shapely to be true! poly109.gif
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    very nice model , beautiful face !

... but I don't feel the forearm and forearm twist. There's something strange - ...too twisted.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Snake!! SNAAAAAAAAKE!!

Etienne
  • pairorat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pairorat polycounter lvl 18
    looks amazing as usual, but I know posting your wires will help help a lot of people learn. Hope you decide to one day post some.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    METAL GEAR:SEXY

work on the hands and feet and it'll be perfect.

smaller breasts would make her look less Lara Croft-ish. especially for sneaking around in tight places and whatnot. also if she ever hopes to do any sort of acrobatics and not break her sternum.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome stuff, bottom pic middle shot is great. Nice to see some emotion in a character. Only crits would be some color in the suit and the boots seem a bit too round at the toe. Keep cranking this stuff out!
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    also, shouldnt the silencer be centered on the barrel of the pistol? which would also mean the exit of the barrel would need to be moved on your texture
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    snemmy:
    ? - i "copied" silencer from snake's weapon smile.gif
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    i've seen supressors manufactured like that .. the inside barrel of the suppressor isnt always in the center ...

i think the model is sexy but something is bothering me about the boot design .. i think the top needs to be a little more horizontal instead of curving up into her ankle like that .. it makes her ankles and foot very fat and cumbersome .. also i think the boots could be a slimmed down in width and height to make them a bit more delicate ..
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    S-S
    I hate you..... with a passion

but seriously, great stuff!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looks really great S-S, you're work is always a delight.

I agree with Arsh though, I'd have loved to see her a bit grittier with a few more overlays to dirty her a bit.
  • Fishypants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fishypants polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, thats pretty sweet! Wireframes?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    dood get a frickin' job allready! ahah, top notch quality stuff as always man. I agree that theres just something about the left hand, but it might just be an awkward pose. Excellent work.
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    Fuse:
    - I will do update to textures later this week, will fix boot, hand and other things too...

Makkon:
    Hehe - thanks smile.gif

poopinmymouth:
    - I guess i will try to do some sort of ambient occlusion map and overlay some dirt too, not much but maybe a little bit smile.gif

Daz:
    Thanks man smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sam Fisher meet your replacement =P Awsome work!
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RE3456 polycounter lvl 18
    can you please post the wireframed model.

Thanks