Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nissan 350z

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EmAr polycounter lvl 18
Modeled in XSI Mod Tool, 2 day's(like 6 hours each) work. Resulting in a painful right wrist hehehe. shaded image crops...
wire
Although I'm pretty happy with the result I still wonder if it's an allright model or not. C&C are needed and appreciated soooo much!!!thanks. tongue.gif

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    overall lookin pretty cool, just some minor suggestions

- you may have to be heavyhanded with xsi as far as it's triangulation, it sometimes doesnt pick the best way to triangulate a quad or 5+ sided poly, so to prevent some of the odd shadowing you're getting on the side view around the door frame, triangulate those poly's yourself

- to nick a poly or two off the final model, the center of the wheels should come to a point, but triangulate to one of the outside edges (if that made sense)

- what i usually do for exhaust pipes and the like is what i just recommended not to do on the wheels, and push that center point back inside, so when you texture you can do a black gradient that'll give the appearance of the tube being hollow

- you forgot the ginormous chunk of billet that Nissan wants to call a door handle tongue.gif

again, cool model, nice work!
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for the tips, exhaust pipes look a lot better now. I marked the door handle also.
    here's what I did so far:
    350z2.jpg
    I am also playing with triangulation and I hope I understood what you said about the wheels correctly. Thanks again for your comments.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    yah lookin good, may want to select the edges where the door handle meets the body and hard edge them, assuming you havent already. And you got spot on what i was talkin about with the wheels~
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't know about hardening edges, gotta read manuals more carefully. Thanks a lot again smile.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i counted 10 tris on the rim there.. here is a better way i think.. you still only have 10 tris and it should smooth better

350z26lv.jpg
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    First off does it really need to come in? Second if it does, then does it really need that many sides when you cant see the form?
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hey man, Thegodzero is right. I would collapse every second edge of that inset for the hub:
    [img]http://www.nealb4me.com/up/hub example.jpg[/img]

As you can see the shading still works fine and any other detail can be added later in the texture.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a bunch for pointing it out arshlevon, I will also do what nealb4me suggested to lessen the side count. I want those poly's for shading. Thank you all again for your time and attention.:)