Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Quake 2 Remodeling. (lots of pics)

Sean McBride
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
To not clog up with WIP thread i'll just start posting my stuff here. I plan on doing quite a few peices. I'm working on my highpoly skills/normal mapping process. Ive been doing alot of animating lately so I havn't gotten a chance to model anything at all. Got all backed up and now i'm just exploding. wink.gif

th_boss1_wip03.jpg
th_normalmaptest.jpg
th_normalmaptest2.jpg
th_Grenade_Launcher_wip09.jpg
th_Grenade_Launcher_wip09_2.jpg

Replies

• JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    If the purpose of modeling this Q2 stuff is to increase your high poly skills I recommend picking a different source of art. One thing to keep in mind is when Quake2's elements were designed their concept artist kept in mind the restrictions of the hardware. I recommend either designing something for high res yourself or looking around on the net for more highpoly worthy art. grenade launcher looks good though.
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Sean the stuff looks awesome but um.....

Shouldn't your low poly box be 12? How is it 10?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    no bottom to the box?
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good man, what's goin on with the box texture?
    It looks incredibly grainy in an ugly sense like perhaps an attempt at heightmapping ultra-fine rust detail or perhaps that's the specular levels too high?

Rest is rockin tho wink.gif
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    Looking really nice, I'm very happy with your theme of choise.
    Taking big notice to the textures chould halp you alot withe the highpoly models, since the real models don't have much details, but the textures do contain alot.
    Well, I hope to see the Gunner, Chick and Medic, allways was my favorites laugh.gif

Well, keep up the cool work.