Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

any texture tips?

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
well, since my texturing stinks worse than rhino ass... here is what im currently working on... its still in its early stages. but i intend to learn as much as i can. if anyone wants to do paintovers, feel free =]
soldierrender7wq.jpg

flats:
mapcopy1us.jpg

i took MoP's advice in using smaller texture sizes, and trying to squeeze out as much detail as i can, and im happy thus far, but im sure theres room to improve =]

thanks in advance!

Replies

• Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    I'd try use some colour variation, there was a topic on the boards regarding heat areas,,, it was applied to faces i.e. red for warm areas and blue for colder areas.

I'm sure you could apply that to the torso smile.gif

Try vertex baking if your unsure of light sources.

Try using as many references as possible, photos, sketches etc...

I normally prefer to build up detail in numerous layers rather than just using one layer. But everyones different.

As far as the current texture goes its quite monochromatic, you coud use some colour variation, perhaps add some finner details such as nipples, scars, freckles, ribs, belly button etc...

Theres my ten cents I'm sure the others will give you some more ideas smile.gif

Show
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    thanks a lot! i do build with layers in photoshop. i dont like to vertex bake, i dont know why, its just something ive never really liked to do.