Home Polyfraggers

BF2 - Your opinions, insight or hints?

sal_manilla
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
I luv this game. Although my vid card is weak and can only run at low except for a medium on textures....it is so much fun. I've found a place as medic. I had a blas last nicht. How about you guys, eh? grin.gif

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    get mine on tuesday. the demo has been a blast so far. I saw a preview of the maps in the full game, so I can't wait much longer.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've had a lag problem here and there but not over all. It seems to depend on the server. One was so bad I had to leave or throw up. smirk.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have problems running it on the Dell 4600 at work. It seems to have wierd sound popping issues, but that could be coming from the P.O.S. intragraded Sound Max chipset. It also randomly crashes which seems to be caused by the video card (ATI Radeon 9800pro). I tried the hacked Omega drivers, the latest drivers from Dell (2004) and the latest ATI drivers, they all do the same thing. I checked around and it appears the 9800 pro's put in most of the dells is not the same as a 9800pro you buy off the store shelf. I know a 9800 pro is no longer top notch but I really think they should have taken a page from the HL2 design doc and made the game useable on much more hardware. If they had they might be selling more units with less returns =(

Good thing I can run it fine at home on my Nvidia 6800 GT =)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    They fixed a lot of lag problems (which only happened on RANKED servers). There is still lag on ranked servers at time, but it's not that bad anymore.

My biggest complaint about the game is the server browser/selection area. It's shit, plain and simple.

The biggest thing that bugs me about playing the game, is people WITHOUT VoiP! God damnit, these people piss me off. It's 2005 for christ sake, buy a $10 mic! Almost every new game coming out has VoiP, so USE IT. Communication is a KEY element in winning every single time.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    They fixed a lot of lag problems (which only happened on RANKED servers). There is still lag on ranked servers at time, but it's not that bad anymore.

My biggest complaint about the game is the server browser/selection area. It's shit, plain and simple.

The biggest thing that bugs me about playing the game, is people WITHOUT VoiP! God damnit, these people piss me off. It's 2005 for christ sake, buy a $10 mic! Almost every new game coming out has VoiP, so USE IT. Communication is a KEY element in winning every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed....These players won't join squads either. Then get upset when they get mutilated by artillery they were warned about. And you get a TK that you shouldn't have. The VOIP is the greatest improvement in this kind of game and makes it a bunch more fun. confused.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of those guys that can't use the mic, not because I choose not to, but because I mostly play BF2 from work when they let us. 40 idiots screaming into mics over the hail of gunfire is generally frowned apon in call centers, no matter how slow they are at the time. Most of us have headphones on over the phone headsets we have to wear because you can get a call at any moment. I am at least saved from taking calls, but still have to watch my volume, as my office is RIGHT next to the main area. I do use the in-game computer talking option (Q) and the "Roger That" "negative" (page up/page down) commands which is the next best thing.

So keep in mind that not every one playing is sealed off in a sound proof room and can scream into a mic all day long. If you can, thats freakin awsome, you're a better soldier for it.

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed....These players won't join squads either. Then get upset when they get mutilated by artillery they were warned about. And you get a TK that you shouldn't have. The VOIP is the greatest improvement in this kind of game and makes it a bunch more fun. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is just not knowing how to join. They also b!tch about the long walks from spawn points to action. Or take a jeep for themselves and refuse to pick people up, or better yet run down friendlies. Most people I have talked to didn't know they could set thier spawn point to thier squad leader and never did so until I pointed it out. RTMF MF'ers RTMF!

Into every soldiers life a little artillery must fall =P Really if they can't hear in the distance the artillery fire and look up on the mini-map to see if it's coming down on them, they have no room to complain. It flags friendly artillery on the FREAKIN mini-map! On the flip side I have run into some pretty bone head commanders who (without warning) rain artillery down on the last point just as a herd of our forces is showing up. Great timing genious, We either get scattered to the wind trying to get out of there or most keep advancing trying to find cover close to the flag and die...

I also strongly dislike the people trying to learn to use the chopper while online. Go play single player and practice don't monopolize one of the greatest tools in the game.

Squad leader: "Hey can we get some chopper support over here?"
    Smacktard: "LOL! WEEEE! SOZ! I crashed it again!"
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    Game is kinda chunky, laggy, slow.
    Loading levels takes WAYYYY to fucking long (combine that with the verify client data crap..)

Walk speed is pretty slow, sprinting is interesting

Hate hate hate the sound effects for everything.

Buggies are fun.
    Squad feature is neat.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have a problem with my game being slow....but I have all the graphic settings on low b'cept texture on medium. I only have a GeF 5500 256 right now.

As for the load time. It's sorta slow for everyone and gives me a chance to run and pee. LOL

Sprinting is great. In the old BF you only had one speed.

I hope they open up the ranked servers. Paying $$ to run one is just a rip-off. I like getting medals and accounting for the time I put in. I still suck over all. I die more than I kill. smile.gif
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    haha... game being slow... my average is 7 fps, I should probably update my 256mb of Rambus RAM... oops.

This game is totally rockin though, the snipers are hard to see (from what i've seen playing on a buddy's machine) I've only played the demo though, and from what i've seen, the ragdoll has kind of... Halo2 Syndrom. If you know what I mean. Where when you shoot someone, their legs go rigid and they pop like 2-3 feet into the air and land weird...
    Not saying CS:source is the best, but I like their ragdoll a bunch better. When you shoot someone in the legs with the a sniper rifle, its fun to see them trip, smash their face into the ground a tumble like a freshly limp noodle rather than jumping into the air and landing at a nearly impossible angle...

Just my feelings on the matter, maybe the adjusted it in the full version, or will tweak it later.

Overall very cool!