Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gargoyle base mesh

CheapAlert
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
Yeah I haven't gotten that far yet, but i'm having alot of fun maintaining consistent edge loops and i've learned more on anatomy and having a clean mesh.

nexgarg5.jpg

Almost looks like another firebrand, but it won't be in the end. He'll have some armor and stuff and he'll probably be sent to Nexuiz laugh.gif However for Nexuiz he'll be wearing some futuristic armor stuff on him, though the concept of the armor hasn't fabricated in my head yet. He'll look cool, though.

Not only he's for Nexuiz, but for StoneFang as well, for the standard male basemesh. This mesh is easily transformable with the radius translation stuff.

Replies

• Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Hey that is looking great Cheapy...you have really come along way in the last year...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Much better work these days.

You should look at the elbow again - look at your own - the upperarm and lowerarm dont stop at the elbow, thats the point of intersection. They flow into one another.

Also, the upper arm mass in yours looks like one huge muscle. Did out a few anatomy books, and study the flow of the body - that is just as important as the edge flow in the model. Its pretty much what drives the edge flow int e model.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Stirling and Diamond - thx!!!1!1138

1498 triangles so far. Whatever i'll wind up with in the end i'll stick with it, but i'm not going more than 5000.

nexgarg13.jpg
    nexgarg14.jpg

I need to edgeloop the forearm more.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Good to see your abilities advancing Cheap. The butt and lower back could do with being pushed out a bit but other then that you know what's work in progress on this guy and what's not. Your edge loops have gotten better too, nice work.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Good start, cheap, I can see grrg's influences. keep looking that way and you'll be fine. Also, you may want to do a few practice hands, heads and legs before the final as I notice you get a lot of torso practice.