Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

computer guided robot

spider2cool
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
here is somthing in the works. don't know where it is going yet just looking for crits and comments electroeyeall0et.jpg

Replies

• Irritant
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Hey this is my kind of model smile.gif

Seriously, I like the start, particularly the idea of having some clear parts on it like that.

Hard to tell without wireframes, but it looks like there could be some messyness in the shoulder area.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    here are the wires
    wires6bd.jpg
  • Jerome
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
    well the torso has an organic smoothness in it, Its the one thing i hate in modern cars (long live the ever cool delorean) Its not a bad thing in robots, but it needs to be more integrated in the design. it needs a purpose for being that way and it'll fit in. I like the transparent stuff. On the top though it doesnt needs to have transition from the solid to the transparent. Make it have clasps , and definately not flush. imo the arms could be set back too, btw, do the wires serve a purpose in moving the arm? Perhaps they could be "muscles" to move it. Keep workin on it. It looks interesting
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    well the red stuff is suppose to be halogram-ish. think of it as a sort of robot "rib cage", to protect the soft stuff inside. the reason for the seethrough forcefield on top it to protect the eye and still give the eye the ability to look up.
  • Jerome
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    ok I was working on my model when I selected the helmet. I clicked to select the whole element, then clicked hide selected. I went to edit the underpart of the eye where the helmet was in the way. when I was done I could not unhide the helmet. I right clicked and selected unhide all but that does not work. the only way I know how to unhide parts of an element is to select another part of in and click unhide all. well I can not click on anypart of the helmet to unhide it. what should I do. I am stuck. I do not know what to do. I know it still exsists because I can see it in the render.
    problem9cb.jpg
  • King-Vitaman
    Offline / Send Message
    King-Vitaman polycounter lvl 18
    If the helmet was the only geometry within the "Editable Poly" object and you hid that element, then what you will need to do is click on "Select by name..." which should be along the top toolbar towards the left, right next to the "Select Object" icon. There will be a list of all unhidden objects in your scene, 1 of these is probably your helmet, only you know what it is named, but if you dont know what it is named, just go through them all until 1 doesnt select any geometry but simply selects a little white box in your viewport with nothing inside it. This will bring up the "Editable Poly" modifier bar on the right, wherefrom you will be able to click "Unhide all."

There are 2 completely different levels of hiding things, subobject and object hiding/unhiding and they both have their own keys and such, so it can be a bit confusing sometimes whether you hid or unhid an object or a sub-object (element, face, vertex whatever.)

Or, maybe you accidentally deleted the helmet, which I have done several times when I meant to hide, good thing I have "Incremental Save" bound to ~ as someone, poopinmymouth I believe, suggested.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    ok...I added some legs and changed the forarms to go with the legs.
    newphoto16uh.jpg
    not sure if he should have human-like legs or animal-like legs.
    legconsept2bg.jpg
  • Renardin
    Offline / Send Message
    Renardin polycounter lvl 18