Home Polyfraggers

Pre-order your Battlefield 2 yet?

sal_manilla
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
Fans of BF 1942, I'm sure you're up on this new game. There is a pre-order out with a great Logitech headset/mike combo for free. I got mine at Best Buy for $10.00. Of course the total price is $49.95. Get 'em while they last, doods. TTFN smokin.gif

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Already got me Logitech headset. I do plan on owning this game ASAP. Glad to know you will too. Can't wait for some Polycount BF2 games.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Gamestop is about 3 blocks from my house. I'm just going to walk down there grab a copy when it comes out.
  • Betlog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Betlog polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, not sure yet.
    I was playing the demo today, and was a little annoyed when I tried to remap the controls....

*constant re-centering the mouse in the controls menu is annoying. (not a serious problem though, just tedious when you have to unmap eveything due to not being a WASD user, and the new double-bind preventative measures)

*not being a user of the WASD keyset, I'm really hoping they are going to allow mapping the numeric keypad as separate keys (right now KP_UP/KP_8 is the same as UPARROW, etc, etc - which sucks a lot)

*I'm sure I bound Right_CTRL to crouch, but for some reason it wanted me to push Left_CTRL when I was playing.

*I play a fair bit of America's Army, and although I love BF for LAN sessions I was a bit disappointed that neither my controlled bursts nor my fully-auto maelstrom seemed to be able to take down a badguy with the precision a weapon like this should (prone, using sights, firing short 3-5 round bursts, and leading target as appropriate)

*video artifacts were pretty bad, no matter if i set defaults or not, nor did several different video drivers make much difference (using an ASUS V9999 6800Ge)
    ...and OMG I rapidly realised why 1280x1024 is good when I was trying to identify targets at range on 800x600!

*and is it just me, or does jumping feel strangely like low gravity?

...but I just assume this is not going to be in the demo. There are always things in good demos that make you glad to stop playing it when the full release comes out....I *hope*... I'd really hate to find the full game was as annoyng as the demo is.
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    I'll not buy this game until EA change his mind and support geforce 4 ti series 'n stuff...

Microsoft²?
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    and is it just me, or does jumping feel strangely like low gravity

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, in a game I jumped up in the air and shot a guy with my m16 just like Quake 3. The guy seemed to have a surprised look on his face. LOL poly107.gif
  • Kyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyle polycounter lvl 18
    i had mine preordered since April 7th 2004 at EB games. Unfortunatly with the release of the demo i found out that its incompatable with my hardware and causes my video card drivers to fly off a cliff. Forced me to reformat my system actually. So it pained me to cancel my preorder...

too bad, i was looking forward to that official BF2 headset...